Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Can’t get universal remote to sync

Remote was working fine then all of a sudden not.

tried to re-sync and now it gets stuck on the connect to a New tv option with the timer circle spinning around and not doing anything else ???

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Can’t get universal remote to sync

Hi Pallasn, 

Sorry that your remote appears to no longer be working. We'd love to get this fixed for you. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Hi there 

Thank you for replying .

It is the Bose sound bar 700.

I am also using the  app with a iPhone 11 plus.
I have reinstalled the app , removed the remote from the app and also reapplied the remote.

When I go to add new remote It is getting stuck on next screen which doesn't give me the next option or even allow me to put in the serial number for the TV.
Highlighted

Hey @Pallasn,

That sounds strange! Is the app not letting you progress past the remote connection page? What options are you seeing on that particular screen?

You may be experiencing an issue with the Bose Music app where it isn't allowing you access to certain options. My best advice would be to factory reset the soundbar using the steps SHOWN HERE, then going through the app set up from the start again.

Let me know if you notice any improvement!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Hey Sam.

Went through the whole reset process and worked like a charm .

Thank you !

now all I can say is I wish the bass would be louder on lower sound settings but hey this is another subject all together !

Highlighted

Hi Pallasn,

That's great to hear! I'm glad you've got it back up and running!

If you do want a little more bass from the soundbar, there are a couple of things you can do for this.

I would imagine during the setup process you ran the ADAPTiQ process, but if you didn't I would definitely recommend doing this as it will tune the sound of the soundbar to your room. To run this after the setup, you would need to select your soundbar in the Bose Music app and follow these steps:

• Tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Select Audio > ADAPTiQ > Run ADAPTiQ Now.

Follow the app instructions to calibrate the audio performance of the soundbar to the acoustics of the listening area.

If you have already done this, you will also notice in the Audio menu there are some controls for adjusting bass and treble levels, have a play with these until you have the system sounding how you like it! 

Then if you really feel you need some more oomph from the bass, you can connect up to 2 bass modules to your soundbar as well. Just bear in mind if you want to have 2 connected, they do have to be 2 of the same model, so either 2 Bass Module 500s, or 2 Bass Module 700s.

Let me know if you have any other questions.