Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Can you pair ST10 with any other Bose speakers?

Bose product name ST10

Country UK

Hi i have some Bose ST10 speakers - i would like another one in a different room - do i have to buy another ST10 or do they play nicely with other Bose (or other brand) speakers? I am pretty unhappy with the App and connectivity issues I've had with them so reluctant to add to this BUT the sound quality is good when they work and i am not ready to sell them and invest in something else right now...

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Can you pair ST10 with any other Bose speakers?

Hello SWorbey, 

I am so glad to hear you love your speaker.

The great thing about our smart speakers is that we can group them with other Bose systems. One way to do this is with another SoundTouch speaker using the SoundTouch app. However, we have also recently added quite a few SoundTouch speakers to our SimpleSync range. This means you can group the speakers together for multi-room audio. All compatible speakers are listed here

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

This doesn't help the ST10 is not on the BOSE Music app?

Highlighted

Hey SWorbey,

Great to hear you're loving your SoundTouch 10 speaker! In regard to your original query, if you're looking to group Bose speakers there's a couple of ways it can be done. 

If you were to group within the SoundTouch app over WiFi, you can connect any speaker from the SoundTouch range to your SoundTouch 10 to play music across your house. Therefore, yes, you could purchase another SoundTouch 10 and have this operate in a group with the speaker you have already.

The other option is what @Vicky_W states, which is using SimpleSync in a different app - the Bose Music app. To go about it this way, you'll need to purchase a speaker from the Smart Home range that uses the Bose Music app, and then using a feature in this app called SimpleSync, you can connect the SoundTouch 10 via Bluetooth to play grouped audio. With this method, the SoundTouch 10 would have to be within 33ft of the Bose Music app speaker - therefore it may not be ideal if you're looking to place the two speakers away from each other around the house.

I hope this makes sense - let me know if you have any further queries!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!