Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Cannot add soundtouch 20 to my soundtouch account

I tried adding my speaker using an alternative method described in this forum: the instructions say to go to http://192.0.2.1, but this address points me to the website for Kia Soul! Please tell me how to get to the right page.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot add soundtouch 20 to my soundtouch account

Author Accepted Answer selected by PapaShank

Hi PapaShank, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempted to manually update the speaker via these steps here. Can you please confirm which series of SoundTouch 20 speaker do you have? 

If you have the series I or II please follow these instructions here. If you have the series III please follow these steps.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by PapaShank

Hi PapaShank, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempted to manually update the speaker via these steps here. Can you please confirm which series of SoundTouch 20 speaker do you have? 

If you have the series I or II please follow these instructions here. If you have the series III please follow these steps.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Hi,

I have the same issue today. Speaker is connected to the wifi but at the end of every procedure it's always the same message "Can't connect. Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account. Please try again later".

Already reset the device to factory defaults, updated with the latest software, ... but nothing helps.  Very very frustrating.  Please help!!

Thx,

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with this.

Is this a first-time setup or has this just randomly started to happen?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

No, I have this SoundTouch already 4 years but needed to change local wifi settings as I'm moved to another provider.  Before everything worked fine.  But now I cannot install it correctly anymore. It's connected to the wifi but as mentioned in my previous post, it get not connected to my account anymore.

Thanks for your reply.

Chris

Highlighted

Hello Sneppocc,

Thank you for getting back to me and confirming this. 

Could you please follow the steps to try the alternate setup method?

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Tried several times the alternate procedure with an Android, iPhone and Windows 10 laptop but and the end of the process I always get back it cannot add the speaker to my SoundTouch account. 

Kind regards,

Chris

Highlighted

Hello Sneppocc, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

Can you please confirm which version of the SoundTouch 20 it is you own? It should be noted that the series I and II systems are only compatible with 2.4Ghz wavebands, therefore if your new router is operating on the 5Ghz band or is synchronized, for example, you will be unable to successfully set the system up.

If your system is a series I or II, please ensure the bands on your router are split, and that you are connected via the 2.4Ghz band. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Hi Jeff

It is a systems I but the new router is only running 2.4Ghz.

Thx

Chris

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @Sneppocc and thanks for following up!

Thanks also for clarifying here. When you get this on the network (indicated by the solid white LED) are you able to manually update the system then? You noted that this was already up to date, but this may need to be pushed through again if this did not process correctly.

Following this, can I ask that you try and connect your system via the Ethernet cable if this is possible, and then check if you can connect to your speaker this way?

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W