Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Cannot name speaker anymore resp. add speaker to the app

I‘m using SoundTouch speakers and app for some 5 years in 2 locations (10,20,30, SA-5, Wireless adapter) without any problems. Since the airplay update the app is a mess. Cannot find speakers or once in a while this or the other one. I tried all suggestions but in the when trying to name the speaker the setup cannot finalize resp. adding the speaker to the account. 
Anybody having similar problems? Tks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot name speaker anymore resp. add speaker to the app

Author Accepted Answer selected by pamso

Hey @pamso,

That's quite strange! To confirm, you're having an issue near the end of setup, when trying to name a speaker? Is there an error message/code that shows up when this happens?

Does this happen with all speakers when going through setup?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by pamso

Hey @pamso,

That's quite strange! To confirm, you're having an issue near the end of setup, when trying to name a speaker? Is there an error message/code that shows up when this happens?

Does this happen with all speakers when going through setup?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Yes, the app cannot name the speaker, resp. add to the account, but again, all worked fine before the airplay update!

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying.

What I'd suggest doing next is to follow the instructions listed on the Bose article HERE, to perform manual updates on all systems. Follow the section titled "Updating the system using a computer and USB cable". Once you've done this, please re-attempt setup and you will find that the process will not fail at the naming stage.

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Tks, but it does not work, incl. the option using a USB stick. Is there a limit re. max amount of devices on the app account. I have 9. In my view I have a problem with the app not the speakers as all are on the network but the app cannot handle/find them or occasionally this or the other one. E.g. I can use spotify and select any speaker and it works.

Highlighted

Hi pamso,

When you say this did not work, did the manual update not work on your speakers or did the update go through but you are still having issues naming the speaker?

When you are unable to find these speakers in the app, what do the Wi-Fi indicators on them show?

One thing I would definitely recommend doing is rebootin your router to get this back up and running. To do this all you would need to do is disconnect the router from power for at least 1 minute, then plug it back in and allow it to reboot. Once it is connected back to your speakers, test them again.

I hope this helps, let me know!