Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Cannot reconnect to NAS

I have a SoundTouch 10, and have experienced nothing but issues (mainly the loss of connection to the WiFi) over the years I’ve owned this. Today it has decided it can’t find my NAS on the network, I’ve rebooted the soundtouch and the NAS and it still won’t see it. Working perfectly fine yesterday, but today I guess the system has decided that it wants to create a new problem.

i debated getting a Sonos over a Bose when I purchased this, what an error I made. For all the fantastic engineering that goes into developing the product I guess they employed 3rd rate app developers to finish it off.

Any ideas before this goes on eBay?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cannot reconnect to NAS

Hey Rankinc, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundTouch 10 and your NAS drive. I'll be more than happy to help. 

Can you tell me which NAS drive you have?

Have you tried rebooting your router? You can do this by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Its a Terramaster NAS, like I said this was working fine for the past 4 weeks but yesterday it decided it didn’t like it.

I’ve tried everything, restarting the NAS, the router, the SoundTouch; switching all 3 off for a couple of minutes.

I know that your response will be a long the lines of “we recommend using a Synology  or WD MyCloud” because that seems to be the standard get out of jail card.

And now, today, I try to at least listen to the radio, but guess what??? It can’t find my speaker on the network. Standard. The amount of time I have wasted over the years reconnecting this speaker to my network is scandalous.

This is an atrocious product

Highlighted

@Rankinc, you are indeed correct, at Bose, we do recommend a Synology or WD MyCloud NAS. To resolve your connection issues, please can you try the steps listed here. Should this not work, we will need to move onto the WiFi troubleshooting steps here

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!