Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Cant connect sound touch 10 to my account

Hello. 
Please help. I recently acquired some a pre-owned sound touch 10 speaker. The speaker is in good condition. I have been able to connect the speaker to by phone by blue tooth and play music and the speaker appears to be connected to my wifi network but when i get to the last phase of the setup process I get a message that the speaker cant be connected to my account. Ive tried the setup with my iphone and with my pc laptop but have been unsuccessful. please help. does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cant connect sound touch 10 to my account

Hello willjohn882, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so happy that you are now a proud Bose Owner and would love to assist you. To start with, we want to perform a 'Factory Reset'. This will clear anything stored on the speaker by the previous owner. To do this: 

1. Power on your product
  2. On the top of your product, press and hold the 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds until the lights on the front of the product blink white.
  3. Wait while the system resets. While resetting, the lights blink left to right several times, then the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber when complete.

Once we have done this, let's try using an alternative set up method as mentioned here to set up the speaker.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Hello!

thanks for your response! I’ve done both multiple times but have not had any luck. Does this sound like a hardware issue?

Highlighted

Hello willjohn882,

Sorry to hear that the above options did not resolve your issue. 

Before assuming this is a hardware fault, I have some further suggestions. Please, could you ensure that your system is running the latest available firmware version? This can be done by visiting this page Manually updating your SoundTouch system

Additionally, it would be useful to look into your router settings as there may be something causing this connection to be unsuccessful. If you are happy to look into adjusting your network settings, please match them as much as possible to the following list:

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

If you are not confident in this area, please contact your network provider in order to do this.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!