Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Casting

Guys,

I subscribed a music app which is not listed in Soundtouch app to add their music services.  When I contact Bose support they sujected me to connect thru Bluetooh and I was shocked caz spent huge on soundtouch speakers and asking me to connect through bluetooth instead I should have spent little bit on bluetooth and used my old speakers. 

Now any one guide me to connect the app thru wireless instead of bluetooth.

All you aware if we can connect thru bluetooth there are distance limtations and whenever you get messages/ whatsap /calls  music breaks..

4 REPLIES 4
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: Casting

Generally you have these options to play a music service through SoundTouch that's not built in to the Bose app - none are really ideal:

a) as Bose advised you, bluetooth

b) plug your phone or computer into the speaker's AUX port

c) if you rmusic app can be played through your Windows computer, try the free program Stream What You Hear (SWYH)

d) use the "stream custom radio URL" command in the app's settings section, but generally this is not going to work for any music service you have to pay and subscribe to.

e) if you use an iPhone or Mac that supports AirPlay 2, supposedly some time this year Bose is releasing AirPlay 2 support for SoundTouch which would probably resolve the issue outright for you, but its been so long since they announced it and so long since they've given a meaningful update about it that most of us are doubting if it will ever happen. 

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi im using android phone. Again the music service i like is subcribed one and it will not work in windows .
Any how thanks for your update.
ObelixJr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Hello,

I would suggest you try BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA app for Android.

From the app you can select your Bose system as speaker (render) and stream music via DLNA.

I know this app supports some music services like TIDAL that are not supported by the official SoundTouch app.

You can also stream music directly from your smartphone, such as flac, mp3 and so on.

I personally tested BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA with my Android Smartphone before moving to Kodi for streaming music from my devices.

Hope this can help you.
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi i did downloaded the app you suggested but unable add my required music services "maestrosmusic.net"