Enzyme
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Chinese language radio

(Using SoundTouch 20 and 10)

When browsing Chinese language radio stations in TuneIn in the the app, why is it that the vast majority of them don’t connect to anything (after having to wait for several seconds each time one tries)? It has been this way for several years now since I first bought the speakers. 
Is it just that someone at TuneIn needs to go through all the stations and get them all updated? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Chinese language radio

Hello Enzyme,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems with stations through TuneIn on the SoundTouch platform. 

Have you tried listening to these stations directly through TuneIn and not through SoundTouch? Please let me know the outcome of this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Enzyme
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Hi Charlotte

Using the TuneIn app is basically just as bad (actually from the limited sampling I did I had slightly more success with the TuneIn app but it was still not connecting to most of the stations most of the time - just intermittently connecting on a few stations)

Another thing that I noticed whilst doing that, though, is that the Bose app only shows some of the stations available and has a button to ‘see all’, however when you click on that it takes you back to the home list of recommended (Non Chinese) stations. 

I will give you an example:

Go to ‘by language’ > ‘Chinese’ > ‘talk’ > ‘news’ 

Here it shows 5 stations (TuneIn app shows an additional 20).

if you click on either the ‘Stations >’ heading or the ‘see all’ square it takes you back to the non Chinese stations. 

Hi Enzyme, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

This may be due to the fact that they have removed the stations or as you stated in your first post they need to be updated. Can you please confirm if these stations play directly on the Tunein website at all? I would also love to know a few of the stations that you are having this issue with so that I and any other users can test to see if we experience the same issue. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answer to these questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support