Highlighted
situkak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2017

Compatibility of SoundTouch App for macOS10.15(Catalina)

Hi,

I have enjoyed the  SoundTouch App on macOS10.14(Mojava) as a Music server +Wave SoundTouch Music System IV for a year.

Now Apple released macOS10.15 beta which was changed in the directory structure related music, photo, etc.  So SoundTouch App does not work partially on macOS10.15, because I can't set a music library in the App on Mac.

I hope the SoundTouch App is going to be adapted to macOS10.15 soon.

Thanks in advance.

Tac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lead Community Manager

Re: Compatibility of SoundTouch App for macOS10.15(Catalina)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wayne_M

Hey everyone,

More details on Catalina are up here. Hope this information helps!

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Situkak, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the SoundTouch App after you updated your Mac with a new Beta software and would love to forward this information to our development team so that they can look into this for a future feature update. 

If anyone else is experiencing this issue after updating to the new MacOS beta please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

noonas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Hello. 

Mac OS Catalina is no longer a beta and as such a real problem en masse. 
the fact that the support for XML was being dropped is known for several months. Many if not all apps I use have already been made compatible with Catalina. How come Bose did not prepare for this ??

oakvilleadvisor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

Yes same thing here,  the Sound Touch App does not update playlists once you have updated to 10.15 Catalina,   iTunes is done people this has been coming for some time.  From not having Airplay 2 to this recent development.  Sadly I deleted my connection thinking I could just reconnect and update the lists.  No luck here I now do not have access to my entire music library, I cannot add it back.  I can only my XM Radio , I cannot play Amazon Music here in Canada cause Bose doesn't want to play nice,  they don't seem to want to play nice with Apple either or Amazon Canada.   I guess I will just not replace my speakers or sell them and move onto a system that works.  They sound nice if there is something to play on them.  

Newguy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2015

Get your app fixed for Catalina. It will not let me download because it can't be checked for malicious software.

IrishLad47
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

The good news is you can override the blocked download in Systems Preferences - Privacy and Security in Catalina.

The bad news is after you install the App it does not recognize the iTunes Library because of the XML issue.

Hope Bose comes out with an updated App soon for the Mac.

jsheppherd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 9, 2016

Hi there - same boat here. iMac Pro connected to a RAID drive with my iTunes library on it and upgraded to Catalina - now can't serve my SoundTouch 520, SoundTouch 20, Soundtouch 10, and Soudtouch wireless unit for my outdoor area (entire house basically) due to incompatibility. Bose - please fix ASAP.

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your issues. 

We acknowledge this is a result of the recent Catalina update and are currently looking into a solution for users to play their locally stored music. 

We will let you know as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Lead Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wayne_M

Hey everyone,

More details on Catalina are up here. Hope this information helps!

oakvilleadvisor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

I need the name of someone at Bose to get my money back.  or a real answer on why this several thousand dollar mistake is in my house