Advisor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Re: Compatibility of SoundTouch App for macOS10.15(Catalina)

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Situkak, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the SoundTouch App after you updated your Mac with a new Beta software and would love to forward this information to our development team so that they can look into this for a future feature update. 

If anyone else is experiencing this issue after updating to the new MacOS beta please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

The fact that this is the reply we get from a moderator less than 2 weeks before Catalina was to be released tells you everything you need to know about how little Bose cares about software. The beta has been available for months for Bose to do something about it. Repeat after me: AirPlay 2...

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Is there any development? My first problem was that I was not able to install soundtouch app after Catalina update. That is resolved by a cntrl click on the file. Now I can´t add my Itunes library. The old library was deleted thinking that the updated library could be added. It is simply not possible. I have bought several Bose speakers and it is of no use.  What game is played between Bose and apple? Are we going to get a solution or can we get a refund for the speakers?

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Dear Hector,

Do you really have a development team? If yes, how lazy are they?

Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2015

The soundtouch app disappeared after upgrading to Catalina.  Now when I try to install the app (SoundTouch-app-installer-23.0.0-2805-d6e7bf6.dmg) I get the following error:

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

So I can not play any music on my computer.  bummer!

Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I will replace my SoundTouch 30 speakers at the dealer with a competitor product.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi, Please make this your top priority. I have invested in soundtouch around my home 2 time sound touch 10 and a soundtouch wave plus a lifestyle. All so that I can play the music from my iMac around my home. Apple is leading tech if you don't say in touch with them, you definitely lose ground in this market.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I made the mistake of "upgrading" to Catalina.  The Bose incompatibility  is just one of the major problems.  Even some 64 bit programs won't work on catalina.  Adobe photoelements 13 is a 64 bit program; it doesn't work on catalina.  Adobe will sell you Photoelements 14 for $100 (ripofff) which is supposed to work on catalina.  It took me 3 days to get rid of catalina and reinstall mojave on my imac.   If Bose resolves the issues with their soundtouch app, I will consider catalina again; but I don't expect that to happen.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

You din't make the mistake. Bose's unwillingness to correct PROBLEMS they are having with the SoundTouch application is the BIG mistake,

Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Bose SoundTouch app does not work at all with MacOS Catalina. Please do something!

Hi All,

If you are having trouble using the Soundtouch App on Catalina, you can find more information on how to install it and get it working on this post.

We even have a workaround, as part of that post, to enable the use of music libraries with the SoundTouch app as part of that thread which you can find at this link posted by Anne S.

I hope this helps.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!