Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Re: Compatibility of SoundTouch App for macOS10.15(Catalina)

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as many other people working with mac Catalina.

Have two Bose soundlink and they both don't work anymore.

I'm very suprised to see that Bose hasn't done anything to solve this problem (January 19th 2020).

Fortunately I've also two Bowers & Wilkins speakers and they work perfectly.

Will not buy anymore Bose stuff.

Best regards,

Alphea

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

AirPlay 2 compatible now wow update works and the app its amazing it works,  too long thought will never buy another Bose product again what I have will die eventually and be replaced with stuff from other companies that are more responsive they have lost me.  Already enjoying my AirPod Pro's they work what!!!!!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

I've belatedly discovered this thread having had issues with the updating of my playlists for sometime.  This led to me deleting my music library and attempting to reinstall it only to find that impossible.  It would appear that this issue was first flagged up in April 2019.  Now almost a year later and you don't appear to have a solution nor have you taken any steps to advise Mac users of any problems of updating to Catalina.  I now have a very expensive cd player/radio which can't access my music library.  This is very poor customer service.

P.S. I'm still awaiting a reply to my initial post

Colin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

I am stuck with Bose system 20 which is of little use to me. To started with, the services affiliated with Bose are very limited. In addition to that, in India, amazon prime music service is not open yet, Spotify which has recently opened up in India, charges a premium if you want to use it with sound touch and with recent updates(Catalina) even iTune is gone!!! Only option left is bluetooth and aux cable!!!! So disappointed. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I cannot get soundtouch app to load apple music library on my imac running catalina

I am unable to load my apple music library onto the soundtouch app. I have reinstalled the Soundtouch app and upgraded to catalina and rebooted umpteen times.

Any suggestions welcome.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

All of a sudden, after my MAC was updated to OS 14.5 the Bose Revolve sound does not show up on my system options. I cannot choose it or use it.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Has there been a solution to being able to access my iTunes music in Soundtouch following an upgrade to Catalina on my Apple lap top?  I have a Wave Soundtouch Series IV. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Just upgraded my Mac to full Catalina (not beta). Wanted to check the Soundtouch situation as many things had to be changed / reinstalled / reconfigured.

I opened the Soundtouch app, it told me I needed to update, pressed OK, even allowed the app to update using my user password. 

The app closed itself without doing anything.

I started again and got the same sequence.

Is the Soundtouch app compatible with Catalina system?

I do hope so.

Highlighted

Hi Aragorn, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the application. I will be more than happy to help you! 

I would recommend that you uninstall the application and then reinstall and try again. 

It's also important to note that some security settings have been changed. Make sure you change this by going onto your Macbook/iMac, go to Privacy & Security settings > General Tab > Go to the bottom of the window > Allow installation.

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Morning, thanks for the suggestion about uninstalling and reinstalling.

I have uninstalled. I went to Apple store but the option to download the Soundtouch app says it only applies to iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

Where do I go to download an app for my Mac?