Highlighted
murali3334
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Connecting St300 to my TV

My TV receiver has a normal HDMI output. My TV does not have a HDMI ARC and it has only normal HDMI.
My question is, can I connect my HDMI out from TV receiver to HDMI input of ST 300 and then connect the HDMI ARC output of st300 to my TV's normal HDMI port.

Will st300 pass through only the video to my TV and play audio through St 300?
I also have a optical spdif output in my TV receiver. If the above dosent work, can I connect the optical spdif output from tv receiver to at st300? And connect to HDMI directly from tv receiver to TV?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connecting St300 to my TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by murali3334

If the TV definitely does not feature an ARC output or Optical output, then I would recommend reverting to my earlier suggesting of connecting the speaker directly to the DishTV recorder. 

If the receiver has 5.1 Dolby support, this should work fine with the soundbar. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Murali3334, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, however I would love to help. 

Which TV receiver are you using? The Soundbar does not need a receiver as it doesn't need anything to power it other than the power supply provided with the Soundbar. 

I would recommend testing these methods you have suggested above to see what works and what doesn't that way we can work out the issues with the setup if you encounter any. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

murali3334
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

I am using below dishnxt HD receiver. It has HDMI output and optical spdif output.

https://www.amazon.in/Dishtv-HD-Recorder-Titanium-Multicolour/dp/B06XKMMW47

My TV is Sony Bravia model no. HBD-DZ340K.
It only has a normal HDMI output and it does not have a ARC. It also does not have a optical spdif output.
How do I connect ST300 with my receiver and TV?

Hi Murali3334, 

The HBD-DZ340K appears to be a DVD player/home theatre combi system. Can you please re-check to confirm the model number for the television? 

In regards to setup - if you only intend on using the DishTV recorder, I can see there is an optical (S/PDIF) output on the back that you can use to connect directly to the Bose soundbar. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

murali3334
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Sorry my bad. My TV model no. is sony Bravia 40bx420

The specifications on the Sony website suggest that product features an optical output on the back of the system. Upon looking at images of the TV online, it looks like it can be found at the rear near the top of the connection panel listed as "DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)." This would be the preferred method of connection as this will allow you to hear audio from other devices that are connected to the television. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

murali3334
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. I think you looked at model no. Kdl-40bx420 which has optical output but my model no. Is klv-40bx420 which does not have a optical output. I have only RSA audio out.

BTW, if I connect my receiver spdif(toslink) output directly to st300, will I get 5.1 dolby output? Since my receiver has 5.1 support.

Author Accepted Answer selected by murali3334

If the TV definitely does not feature an ARC output or Optical output, then I would recommend reverting to my earlier suggesting of connecting the speaker directly to the DishTV recorder. 

If the receiver has 5.1 Dolby support, this should work fine with the soundbar. 

Kind regards

Jeff G