Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

Connecting Two SoundTouch 10's to TV

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to connect my 2 bose soundtouch 10's to my television. My television has a 3,5mm jack input but also RCA (red white). What would be the best way to connect because if I use a 3,5mm jack splitter I won't get the real stereo sound? 

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Two SoundTouch 10's to TV

Hey Nick,

I hope you've had a great time with your SoundTouch 10 speakers so far! In regards to your TV set up query, I wouldn't recommend connecting the two speakers into the one connection on your TV.

It would be very difficult as you'd need to split the input cable to cater to both speakers being used. Then, you may not experience the full quality available from the systems. Your TV will only allow for you to output audio through the auxiliary port or RCA - so you'll only be able to connect one speaker to be used for the TV audio.

Out of curiosity, do you own any third-party splitters that you've thought about using for this setup? I wouldn't personally recommend third-party hardware as this may affect the quality of audio, however, I'd be interested to learn what you've tried so far!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

Re: Connecting Two SoundTouch 10's to TV

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have used a couple of things: 

1. I used a third party splitter with 2 male to male 3.5mm jack and plugged it in TV. The audio quality was very bad and voices nearly hearable. 

2. I tried to plugin the splitter in an RCA to female 3.5mm jack but did not get any sound. This was because it was an audio input instead of output.  So it's not gonna work if you want to watch something.

Now I found out that the tv had an optical coax input, so I ordered an optical to analog converter and hope this solves the problem. The product will be delivered tomorrow so I will experiment what works and let it know here if this solves the problem. 

Also for anyone that's reading this topic. Don't create a stereo pair if you want to connect via Bluetooth or AUX because it will cause a delay. Couple the speakers after you connected with one of the speakers to solve the problem if you want to listen to music.