PS1066
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

Connection Drops

I have a SoundTouch 20 which has just started to drop in and out when connected to my wireless network. 
I have reset, restarted and reinstalled both the speaker and my BT hub yet still the issue persists.

The unit has been operating well in its location for 2 years yet won’t now connect to online radio, music or apply play with out 

Dropping in and out. I have even installed a BT repeater disc in the same room in the hope that this solves the issue. 
the only thing that has been changed is the down loading of the recent BOSE updates. 
many suggestions????

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: Connection Drops

Hey PS1066,

Thank you for taking the time to post - welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're noticing connection issues with your SoundTouch 20, but I'd be happy to advise. To confirm, did you disconnect the router from power for two minutes to perform a full reboot? 

Have there been any new systems or devices placed in the vicinity of the speaker, that could be interrupting the WiFi signal? Have you tried relocating the speaker elsewhere, to see if you notice any difference in connection quality?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PS1066
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

Thank you for your reply. Yes the router was completely powered down as was the speaker. The speaker has worked perfectly in its location for two years with out issue. I have reset it to factory settings, reconnected it and still the issue persists 

Vicky_W

Great, thanks for confirming this for us. At this point, I am unsure if it is a connection or a audio issue, So, I would like to explore troubleshooting for both. To start with, we have some great connection tips here. Should the issue persists, I would love to try the steps here.

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
PS1066
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

This doesn’t solve the issue as to why this is happening now when the speaker has functioned well in the same place for two years prior to the recent series of updates. The solution offered is way to complicated for me.

the speaker constantly drops connections. Won’t stay connected to radio stations and is very hard to connect to AirPlay, if it connects at all. I am not the only one having these issues so what are you doing about it? 

PS1066
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

D473E2A6-C494-404F-B49C-937C430BB170.png

 and still it drops in and out when trying to listen to radio via Wi-fi and won’t connect via AirPlay 

Vicky_W

@PS1066, thanks for confirming that. The troubleshooting I recommended above would be the best steps to try. If you are struggling to complete them, give us a call as one of our team would love to assist you in completing the steps in real-time. You can reach your local team by clicking this link here, selecting your region and scrolling to the bottom of the website until you see 'Contact us'. 

If you decide to try the troubleshooting on your own, let me know if there are specific steps you are struggling with as I would love to help.