Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RD in SD
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Connection options with SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

Hello,

I have a Bose Home Speaker 300 and Revolve SoundLink that play well together in group mode. I'm also of thinking of adding a SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter (with an amp) to power speakers in other rooms. Question is - can I stream the same music from the Bose Music app (on my phone) to all 3 devices at one time (with the assumption that the revolve is in group mode with either the 300 or link adapter)?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Connection options with SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

That's what I was saying.  Doing it that way won't be possible.

The HS300 will only group with other Bose Smart speakers, but can group with one other  BT device. 

The SoundTouch will only group with other SoundTouch systems, but can receive a BT signal (Hence the HS300 connecting to a SoundTouch device by BT.

Since you want all three connected you would have to pair the HS300 to the SoundTouch by BT, then retransmit to the Revolve (using another STWLA) over SoundTouch (Wifi).  The initial BT connection is likely to cause some lag, meaning the two ST devices may be out of sync with the HS300)

The only other thing I can think of, is that the HS300 and the STWLA can use airplay.  I'm not sure if the HS300 will BT to the Revolve while using airplay.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Hoenestly, doing it that way would be too comlicated even if you could get it to work consistantly.

Unfortunately you'd be working with three different systems.  Bose Music (home Speaker), 2x SoundTouch (2xSTWLA) and BT.  None of which will automatically group in with the others.

The only way I think it may work (and it may not) would be using the HS300 as the master which controls the music.  It would them BT to one of the link adapters (would have to be within range and walls cut down the distance), which would then use Soundtouch (rebroadcasting the BT over wifi) to connect to the other link adapter.

So even if you had it working, you're using multiple controls, and will likely get audio lag between devices.

RD in SD
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

@Morlock Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I was assuming I could stream music from the app to both the HS300 and Wireless Link adapter via WiFi, but couldn't find any documentation to support this. I also thought I could "group" the Revolve with one of the other products via Bluetooth so the music is sync'd between those devices. But, rather than assuming that solution, I wanted to ask if the capability even existed among the products, since I know phones can't stream to multiple bluetooth devices at once. 

@bose what do you think? 

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

That's what I was saying.  Doing it that way won't be possible.

The HS300 will only group with other Bose Smart speakers, but can group with one other  BT device. 

The SoundTouch will only group with other SoundTouch systems, but can receive a BT signal (Hence the HS300 connecting to a SoundTouch device by BT.

Since you want all three connected you would have to pair the HS300 to the SoundTouch by BT, then retransmit to the Revolve (using another STWLA) over SoundTouch (Wifi).  The initial BT connection is likely to cause some lag, meaning the two ST devices may be out of sync with the HS300)

The only other thing I can think of, is that the HS300 and the STWLA can use airplay.  I'm not sure if the HS300 will BT to the Revolve while using airplay.

View solution in original post