Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
travist09
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2019

Connectivity Sucks Soundtouch 10

Is everyone still having issues staying connected in play all or grouping? I loved Bose until I purchased these and they don’t stay connected and they’re worthless. They will group and play, one drops, then they both drop. Sometimes they’ll pick back up on their own but it’s wirse than a CD skipping...
Please help or should I just return?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Connectivity Sucks Soundtouch 10

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Dvmeul32,

Thank you for your reply!

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. I believe you could benefit from logging into the router and checking your settings with one of our agents. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi travist09,

Thanks for writing in!  I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues, but would be happy to help!

• Can you let us know how many and which SoundTouch products you have?
  • If you could navigate to the about section and select each speaker, can you provide us the RSSI values?
  • What is the make/model of the router in the setup?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

User-c295
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

Yep, same issues here with Wave SoundTouch and additional speaker. Randomly connects....or not (more often than not). This is a terrible waste of money. Please do not buy this. Forty nearly, we have been long time clients of the audio store where we purchased this good looking boat anchor/paperweight. They have agreed to take it back for a refund or exchange. BOSE is well aware of this problem as confirmed by our sales guy...DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SYSTEM....It’s a nightmare.
dvmeul32
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

Same issues with SoundTouch 10 and 20 speakers.  Great hardware, horrible software!! 

dvmeul32
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

same issue with soudtouch 10 and 20 speakers with app.  great hardware but horribly desinged software makes these speakers so annoying.  anyone having any better luck with Sonos speakers and their speaker syncing funcitonality.  I'm considering throwing out all my bose speakers and buying something different (huge waste of money but these issues are so annoying)

Hector_B

Hi Dvmeul32, 

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 10/20 speakers, however I would love to help. 

Can you please confirm if you are having an issue with connecting the speakers to the device or if you are having an issue connecting the speakers together? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Kimi The Worm
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

I have the same problem with one of my 10's (I have 2 10's, a 20 and a 30). It has been back to Bose twice and still drops signal - however this only seems to happen on BT and not through Wifi

Decided to live with it as I simply cannot be bothered to send it away again and they refuse to do anything else

Hector_B

Hi Kimi the worm, 

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue however I would love to help! So just to clarify you are only getting this issue when trying to connect to all of the speakers at once? Doing so the issue occurs with only one of the four speakers? I would also like to ask a few other questions so I can better understand your issue: 

• Have you attempted to put these speakers in different rooms to avoid electronic interference with each other? 
  • Are the 10's located in the same room? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Kimi The Worm
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

Thanks for the response.

The issue happens with BT when either a solo connection or when playing as a group with the 30 as the master speaker - the two 10s are on different floors, the 30 and 20 are in different rooms.

I have literally tried everything - the unit has been back twice - once returned with no fault found, the second time it had the internals replaced, despite my request for a replacement - phone diagnostics show that it has good signal and all appears OK... except that it clearly isn't

Hector_B

Hi Kimi The Worm, 

Thanks for your post and thank you for updating us on this issue. 

Have you attempted to use a different speaker as the master? Also does the connection between the other speakers work fine without that particular 10 in the loop? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B