Cendre ASHES
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Constant SoubdTouch 20 disruptions

WHAT is going on? Both the apps on my smartphone (Android) and on my computer (PC) keep on bugging for several weeks. Either my music library is not found, either a specific content cannot be played, either the speaker is suddenly not found, or not any command is leading to an action.

Don't tell me to update the apps, coz of course I have already done that.
Wandering in the uninvited world of nervous hassle I remain...

Btw, when is the wake-up function so long expected by users going to be implemented?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Constant SoubdTouch 20 disruptions

Hello Cendre ASHES,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your SoundTouch equipment. 

From the problems that you have listed, I actually believe that this could be an issue with the communication from your router to your speaker and not due to the functionality of the SoundTouch app. 

I have a few suggestions I would like you to try. The first being updating your SoundTouch speaker. >> Manually updating your SoundTouch system

Secondly, please reboot your router. This can be done by removing power for 60 seconds and then reconnecting. Additionally, here are our suggested router settings. Please try to match these to yours as close as possible:

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable
  • Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
  • WMM – Disable.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Cendre ASHES
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

I have checked the router settings with my Internet provider, and on top of the fact we both agree your system should work with standard settings, and not the opposite, most features are automically set as you advise, or if not, for a sound reason.

So, my question was: what is going on?, is Bose currently testing some stuff the end-users must suffer?...when is the next software update planned? are you reaching anything stable? ... I have had my Sound Touch for 5 years I think, it is regularly bugging and I know what to do then,, but the last month is the worst period I have been through.

Hi Cendre ASHES, 

Thank you for checking these settings with your Internet Service Provider. 

Allow me to reassure you that the settings we ask you to check will not alter your internet security in any way and are settings designed to optimize the use of the SoundTouch Speaker across your network and help with communication between the app, speaker and Music Library. 

We do not have any information regarding a new Firmware update. 

In regards to your Music Library issue, I would recommend removing the library and re-adding it. To do this, go to the three lines in the top left of the SoundTouch app > go to Settings> Music Services> My Music Library > Remove. Follow the same steps to re-add it. 

let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O