Jking231
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Continuous loop of not connecting and asking to put back in set up mode...

I have a soundtouch 300 with subwoofer and a soundtouch 10.  I got a new router and neither will connect to it.  Its a Linksys.  I've spent a ton of money on these speakers and have about had enough of these issues.  They randomly wouldn't connect to my old router either.  I'm following all the steps and prompts and it just goes in a loop of not finding the speakers and asking me to start over.  I have relatives who have bought these same speakers and have the same issues.  I feel like I got ripped off.  Any other phone, computer, tablet, anything, has no issues connecting.  Why does Bose have such an issue just connecting to wifi?

13 REPLIES 13
Jeff_G

Re: Continuous loop of not connecting and asking to put back in set up mode...

Hello Jkind231, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for posting. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 300 system and your SoundTouch 10. 

It sounds like both devices need to be factory reset, to remove the network details for your original router. This should then help when performing setup. 

For reset details, please see below: 

SoundTouch 300 reset

SoundTouch 10 reset

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on!

For anyone is having similar issues, please try the above.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Srikar1988
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I just cannot connect my SoundTouch 300 to internet via wifi or ethernet. Tried factory reset but I don’t see the amber wifi light as instructed. Really getting tired trying to setup. Any help or advise?

Jeff_G

Hello Srikar1988, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Can you please confirm you have tried replacing the batteries on the remote to ensure they have enough power to fulfill the reset request. If they are running low, holding the buttons may not be able to produce the desired effect. 

The fact is that because both speakers are not connecting to your new router may indicate an external issue not related to the speakers. 

Kindest, 

Jeff G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Jking231
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I tried the resets and that did not work.  I had tried that before, as well as unplugging, changing router settings and firewalls.  The app seems to get stuck "updating", "searching for speakers ", etc.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I had these same issues with my old router, and with my dads speaker at his house, and with my in laws speaker at their house.  One day my dads didnt work, the next day it connected no problem.  The in laws speaker wouldnt connect for weeks.  Finally I set it up wired and it worked, then wouldnt work wirelessly,  then an hour later it would.  

I would be willing to accept it could be a problem on my end if it wasnt happening at other houses and everywhere across this message board.  I also thought about linking Amazon Alexa to it, but after reading the hundreds of one star reviews for Bose not connecting I decided not to. 

I wired my soundbar to computer and it worked immediately.  Then tried it wirelessly and it wouldnt.  Then I used a tablet to try to connect it instead of my phone and it worked first try.  I then tried that with the soundtouch 10 speaker and it wont work.  Now the tablet soundtouch app gets stuck in the loops.  

My guess is its not the speakers or the router, but it is the Bose application.  It's been spotty from the start and no updates have ever fixed that.  

My whole family has been huge Bose supporters and customers since my dad starting buying them back in the 70s and 80s while in the army.  The speakers have always been great, but this soundtouch system has been crippled by terrible software.  

My soundbar -$700.  Acoustimass sub - $700.  Soundtouch 10 - $180.   And they wont work.   Very frustrating.  I dont turn on a speaker to fight with it for an hour to try and get it to play music.  I just want to be able to turn it on and go about whatever I was doing with music playing the background.  

I'm very close to trying to sell them all on craigslist with a warning to the buyer and then switch to Sonos.  A friend at work says hes never had these issues with his sonos system.  And to think I gave him a hard time for not buying Bose.  

Jessie_O

Hi Jking231,

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations, I can completely understand and I will do all I can to assist you!

Can you confirm the color of the LED on the front of the Soundbar/ speaker? Do you have a dual-band network? Which devices are you using with the SoundTouch Application?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Jking231
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

The LED is orange when I get it to set up mode.  I have a dual band router, which it seems is what they all are now.  I'm not an expert on networks (and why should I need to be), but I have tried turning the 5 ghz band off.   I have a soundbar 300 with sub, and a soundtouch 10.  I've had the same issues at my parents house with a Bose wifi connector and soundtouch 20.  

Jessie_O

Hi Jking, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

When you see pop the system into setup mode, do you see the 'Bose SoundTouch Network' pop up in your Wifi Settings?

If you do I would advise connecting to it. Then go to your browser and type in 192.0.2.1 and pop in your network details. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you.  

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Jking231
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Yes it does show up in my wifi settings and I connect to it.  When I then type that address in it waits a while and then says can load page.  I've tried it a few times before after reading this site.   Now when I try to use my tablet instead of my phone to access the app, it continuously is stuck in the looking for updates loop.   I can't see any other screen with it now.  

Hector_B

Hi Jking231, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please let us know which phone and tablet you have? If the device you are using is an iPhone please ensure that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled as this located under settings > Mobile Data > Wi-Fi assist. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B