Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

I am getting error message "Can't Connect Something happened and we Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account" only when i try to rename my speaker. Everything works well speaker is getting IP and i have tried on my Mac and iPhone as well, same error. No firewalls.

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hi

I'm getting this today too.  Went to turn on the Soundtouch this morning for the first time in about 3 weeks and it said connect to the app.  Then the app went into set up and I get the speaker added  to the network and then when i try to sign in to an existing account, I put my credentials  I get "Can't Connect Something happened and we Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account please try again later".

I've tried hard wiring it, computer and ipad - all the same!

Tried resetting my password, creating a new account and completely rebooting everything inc factory resetting the Bose.

Did you work it out in the end or are you still Boseless??  If you did, please let me know as I've exhausted my knowledge......

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Same for me, tried, iOS, Andriod and Mac OS. Nothing is working

Seems like when communicating to Bose server time out maybe. Not sure

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you both for posting.

I'm sorry to see you're both being affected by the same issue, but I'd be happy to help.

• When was the last time SoundTouch was working for you without issue?
  • Is this still occurring or has it been resolved?
  • What regions are you located in?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Hi Joel

Thanks for the reply.

Mine probably worked about 3 weeks ago.  Turned it on a couple of days ago and it said go to the app.

I added the speaker onto my wifi and its connected via the app on my computer  but when I try to log into my Soundtouch account at the end of the set up process it says cannot connect, so I cannot programme any radio stations. I can airplay through it so its definitely connected.

I tried again this morning and the same issue - I have the speaker recognised on my system but I cannot log into my account.  I've changed my password etc but still cannot log in.

I'm in the UK it that helps!

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let me know the make and model of your router? I feel like something may be blocking the ports for the SoundTouch application and server.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Hi Joel

Thanks for the reply, I have 2 routers available to me and neither of them work.

One in a BT Smart Home Hub, the other is a wireless broadband router (VFast) which is a TP Link TL WR940N.

I hope that helps.

Paul

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the additional details.

I think the best resolution for you would be to contact technical support over the phone since this was working and is now not working on two different networks.

Technical support has some additional tools that will able to look into this a lot faster for you.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a number will be displayed for support.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

I have the same problem. Currently I own a Soundtouch 300 bar and soundtouch 10 speaker. I got a new soundtouch 10 speakers and I cannot concet them to my account. After I select the wifi the app asks for name and then says “can’t connect” “something happened and we couldn’t add the speaker to your soundtouch account. Please tey again later”. I talked to customer service for more than 30 min and tried multiple things. He then told me the wifi may be damaged. I returened it and got another one but again I have the same problem.
My other devices are working fine.
Highlighted

Hi Antonionhg, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 10 speaker. When attempting setup, what happens to the WiFI led on the speaker? Does it go to a solid white light?

Based on the fact you have issues with the replacement speaker, it is very likely the issue is based around your home network and not the speaker. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.