Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hi Antoniohg

I gave up at the time and ended up just airplaying everything to the speaker if I needed to use it.  I could get that part to work but programming radio stations was the issue.

Recently however I bought a new iphone so thought I would give it a go and it worked straight away and now I can access the speaker from my PC again.  I'm not sure if the app was not updated or using my old ipad,iphone or pc was just not compatible to set up the new system but it has eventually sorted itself.

I tried everything in the first instance but with no success until recently.  I would suggest trying another device to set it up with if you havent already and make sure the app is upto date.

good luck!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Thanks for the tip! I tried with my ipad as well. I have a apple time capsule router that is in line with my building router. I turned off the router option of my time capsule and tried again. Could actually find the neighbor’s soundtouch speaker but not my own.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Hi Jeff,
When I connect the speaker initially an ambar/orange light appears and then once I connect the speaker to wifi it changes to solid white. My Router is a Apple Time capsule which I have been using all along, even when I initially got my soundtouch 300 bar and my first soundtouch 10 speakers.
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply Antoniohg.

Do you have more than one SSID broadcasting from the Time Capsule? Perhaps a 2.4Ghz network and a separate 5Ghz network? Further to this, are you using a smartphone, tablet or computer to perform setup? 

The reason I ask is that sometimes, the screen you have described can appear if for example: 

1. Your phone is connected to "NETWORK A" initially,

2. You perform the setup, and assign the speaker to "NETWORK B"

3. When setup is almost complete, your phone connects back to NETWORK A, it cannot see the speaker because it is on NETWORK B which results in a "speaker not found" message, but the speaker will show a white WiFi icon. 

You can prevent this from happening by ensuring your phone/tablet/computer is not set to automatically join WiFi networks.

Another thing to note is that a lot of devices utilize something called "WiFi assist." This can also cause issues during the setup process. On an iPhone, this can be found by going to Settings > Mobile Data > scroll down towards the bottom and toggle WiFi assist off. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Speakers needed out of box update using usb. They are up and running now.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Joel,

I’m also having this problem on a SoundTouch 10. I have three other speakers which have connected it just seems this one. I have tried all the suggestions. However, I can’t get the manual update to work.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

If you already have a SoundTouch system set up, you can add another system from the Settings screen, without having to create a new account MyBKExperience.

Highlighted

Hi NC16, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I would highly recommend updating your system via following the instructions in this article. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi
I am having the same problem in setting up my SoundTouch. Has there been a fix for this? I can’t find it on this thread.

Cheers
Ed
Highlighted

Hello Hde2020, 

There are no known faults relating to this, however, there are many variables in network-based products that can cause issues during setup.

We'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting with you. Can you please confirm:

- Device model (e.g SoundTouch 30 III)

- Router configuration (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz joined or split?)

- Setting up on what device? (Make/Model)

- Have you tried setup on other devices (e.g on a computer via a USB cable.)

For real-time troubleshooting pertaining to this, it might be a great idea to reach out to our support team via live chat on the bose website. The team would be happy to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G