Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

: Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

I had this exact same problem, can not add speaker to the soundtouch account. Very frustrated. Mine is a soundtouch 20 wifi. I had tried both iphone and computer. Nothing worked.

Here is the exact message: Something happened and we could not add the speaker to your soundtouch account..." 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Re: : Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Try connecting your speaker to a computer and update the firmware. Worked with my 4 speakers.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

I have the hardest time connecting my ST stuff wireless.  I was going through the instructions several times (i'm sure you all know the drill).  This time, instead of using the app on my phone, I downloaded it to my laptop, connected the USB cables and IT WORKED THE FIRST TIME!  HOLY @#$%  !!!  It worked, really?  I couldn't believe it.  

Dare I try to change my network to 5G to see if it quits dropping out when nothing else drops out?

Best of luck to you all, I share your pain.

Bose:  quit pushing the phone app and tell people like  me who have never ending issues connecting wirelessly to try a laptop or computer with USB.  It was SO MUCH SIMPLER.  **bleep** is wrong with you?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

Hello,

I have the similar problem.
Both, Intel NUC PC and BOSE V35 with SoundTouch adapter are connected to LAN by ETHERNET. Their IP addresses don't change. Also iPad and iPhone are connected to the same LAN by WiFI.

All devices are in the one IP subnetwork.

I can see BOSE's IP and ping it from each device in LAN. And I can find it by launching SoundTouch app whenever on Windows, IOS or smth else.

When I need to connect BOSE V35 to my account through any of these apps, I got error "Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account" every time I tried this.

Please help with it.

Can I make update of the V35 by Ethernet not USB?

Why if I open http://bose.system.local.ip.address on the LAN, I receive the page with initial setup of WiFi?

Is it possible to fix these problems by just going to PC and launching simple SSH or telnet to manage BOSE system for upgrading, setting up, etc.?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I have read all message about could't add speaking to you bose account, I have try all seting via computer, via macbook. via PC, Iphone, ipad, Android , wireless or usb connected..... reset router for couple week still not working still the same " SOMETING HAPPENED AND WE COULDN'T ADD THE SPEAKER TO YOUR SOUNDTOUCH ACCOUNT"  .....  it not worth to wasting any more time on this "defective immature product" Bose made good speaker for long time HARDWARE only! you BOSE company really need outside help to improve your software system before you put your product to the Market.........this is not your field.   Disappointed  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I have read all message about could't add speaking to you bose account, I have try all seting via computer, via macbook. via PC, Iphone, ipad, Android , wireless or usb connected..... reset router for couple week still not working still the same " SOMETING HAPPENED AND WE COULDN'T ADD THE SPEAKER TO YOUR SOUNDTOUCH ACCOUNT" ..... it not worth to wasting any more time on this "defective immature product" Bose made good speaker for long time HARDWARE only! you BOSE company really need outside help to improve your software system before you put your product to the Market.........this is not your field. Disappointed

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Hey Folks, 

I am in a same boat and couldn't connect my soundtouch 130 home theater system through the app. 

Anyone had any luck resolving this?

Regards,

JP

Highlighted

Hi Jaggu,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

If you are having the same issue as the others in this thread, where the message "Can't Connect Something happened and we Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account" after naming the speaker, this would usually mean that your speaker would need an update. 

The instructions on how to manually update your SoundTouch 130 can be found at this link. If you follow those instructions and then connect to the app afterwards, it should be able to connect to the app afterwards.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Hi all I have only yesterday brought an i20 SoundTouch, I have followed all of the steps laced out in this forum however the manual update only goes to ten percent then the SoundTouch turns off. Can anyone help please.

Highlighted

Hello Kindredkiwi, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues updating your speaker. 

You mentioned you have tried manually updating the speaker. Did you do this by pressing and holding Preset 4 and Vol- for ten seconds? If you haven't already, I would recommend attempting the update via the USB update method. Details for this and the update file can be found here. This is recommended if the speaker is running a much older firmware update and hasn't been updated in a while. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on!

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.