Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Re: : Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hi Jeff. I have plugged the speaker into my computer and gone through the process of down loading the update and loading it onto the speaker it is at this point that it gets to 9% and stops, I am now on the phone to Bose for help.

Highlighted

Hello Kindredkiwi,

I'm sorry to hear that the manual update process did not work for you.

Our phone agents should definitely be able to help you with this, let us know how you get on with the support team!

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Hello All

I want to start by saying that i´ve been working with IT for the last 14 years so i have plenty of experience in IT devices; I´m also a Bose fan so i have worked with these devices for years. Im in the middle of this same issue with my ST 30 (Model: 412550), in my case the device was working perfectly fine and stoped to work over Wi-FI. I was abble to reset to factory defaults and the issue remains; I also updated the device manually but the issue remains; i´ve used Android, iPhone, MacBook Pro, Windows PC but issue remains; used at least 4 different Wi-Fi networks but the issue remains; i even connected the device by ethernet and the issued remains. I was abble to check system info (5 + Volume -) and could verify that the device is perfectly associated to the network. I always get to the same point; when the app asks for the device name it will display the error message. I truly think Bose needs to assign the correct priority to this issue.

Highlighted

Hello argemiro_b,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also running into this issue while connecting your ST30 to the app.

Thank you for trying that troubleshooting already those are all steps we would recommend, especially the manual update for the firmware.

As that troubleshooting you have tried has not worked for us this time, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Also wondering, what a **bleep** bad support. A new bought devices for 300 euro cannot be connected, as they need an update first. To do it, you need an adapter. Instead of this adapter, the device is sold with another cable. With this cable the update from pc fails (stop at 2 %).

Working on IT business with 20 years experience ... such a bad price/quality rate I have never seen before.  Wow!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Hi folks,

I have the same issue here with my Soundtouch 10. A second hand one, but in perfect condition.

I use two Soundtouch 10 and 1 soundtouch link to connect my Hifi system.

The whole setup is working fine since many months, but last week when I was trying to connect the additional ST10, I have got the same message "could not add this speaker to your soundtouch account"

I have tried everything as already mentioned in this thread, setup on different Android phones Systems, PC Windows 10, complete reset, new account name......always the same issue.

One thing I would like to mention is, that I can see the new ST10 on the Spotify app even with the correct name. It works fine an I can stream to the new Soundtouch using the Spotify app.

In my honest opinion, a clear evidence, that this error is not about the WLAN network but rather an Software issue from BOSE.

BTW, also the manually update procedure over USB is not working in my case.

Neither by connection to the PC nor with direct connection of an USB stick to the ST10. (4+ Volume - for 10 seconds)

To be honest BOSE. all the answers on this 4 pages are just a joke. Im quite sure that even a telephone support is not able to help all the frustrated users back home!

PS: If anyone has an idea how to manually update the ST10 please let me know!!

thanks

Highlighted

Hello Mochsinger, 

Welcome to the forums! 

I am sorry that you are having this issue with your SoundTouch 10. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great. Here are the steps to manually update your system. 

Let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Hi,

It was my experience that after trying everything on the Bose site the speaker became Bricked meaning nothing I or Bose was going to do would fix it. The primary reason for this was that it had very old firmware on (about 8 updates old) thus meaning after many attempts to update, the firmware bricked. Mine was new out of the box so Bose replaced it for me without any arguments.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Thanks for your feedback Vicky,

But the point is, that both ways of the manual updates are NOT working!

I tried it several times and nothing happens.  

Any other ideas?

I would appreciate if you could forward my case to Bose Switzerland in order to send me an replacement!

Thank you very much

Erich

Highlighted

Hi Mochsinger,

If neither method for updating your speaker is working then you will want to reach out to your local support team for further assistance with this.

As you are in Switzerland you can find their contact information HERE. The team there will be able to get this resolved with you.