meg-d
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Re: : Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

this advice is not helpful as you cannot access settings unless the soundtouch is added to your account. Is there another way around this to update speaker? Mine will connect to wifi but is not linking to the soundtouch app and therefoe can't do anything else with it

Mochsinger
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Hi Meg,

Finally, the only way is to send the speaker to Bose support for 79.- Euro shipping organized by Bose by UPS.

In my case Bose Switzerland made a 50% discount due to the fact that they know the problem.

I hope Bose can fix the update problem!!

It looks like, that if you haven't update your speaker for some years (skipping more than about 7 updates) the manually update will not work anymore. 

I let you guys know once i have my speaker back in about 2 weeks.

Cheers

Someday
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Soundtouch (on my PC) says it cannot log into my wifi.  PW is correct. Soundtouch finds the Bose Wave OK, the wifi light is on on the back of the unit, the message on the unit says "connecting to wifi." I see the "connecting" message in Soundtouch app for a while, then it sends me back to the wifi logon page with the message "couldn't connect to wifi." I've allowed the app in my firewall. Help!

ravish5497
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

Hey,

I am trying to connect my soundtouch 20 to app but it wouldn't connect so i tried updating firmware via wifi but it got stuck at 1 second. Then i tried updating it via usb cable after 15 minutes of waiting at installing update 100%, i removed the power cable as i read it the previous messages it worked for someone but in my case now the speaker wouldn't turn on now. What am i supposed to do now ?

Sam_F

Hi @ravish5497,

Sorry to hear you've had some issues after updating your speaker. What I'd recommend doing is to again remove the power cable from the speaker but wait two minutes before plugging it back in - this will perform a reset. Also, be sure to disconnect the USB cable from the speaker and only have the power cable plugged in.

After this, could you report back and let me know if you're seeing any response or any LEDs showing on the speaker display?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jvickers
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

I have soundtouch 10 and got it working... it took repeated attempts and then finally it worked

connected via USB

did manual USB update using this link

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/article/updating-soundtouch-10-systems.html

repeated trying to setup 3-4x via USB cable, eventually it just worked.

oh I rebooted the device twice after the manual firmware update, it seemed hung with bluetooth blue light and far right light on steady and not doing anything, rebooted, 

kept trying to add it, finally it worked.

Vicky_W

Thanks for sharing @jvickers, I am sure it will help!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
EduardK
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Hello, 

hope this helps. Let me describe in details and solution @the end. 

I bought yesterday last ST10 brand new boxed&sealed and little bit old stock reserve in my local electronics vendor and almost went today to return it. But i´m now enjoying working device.

I installed the app on my phone - not working after naming the ST10 - ....please try again later

OK, i installed the app on ma ipad - not working after naming the ST10 - ....please try again later

OK, i reboot my wifi router - not......

OK, i turned off wifi on some devices in my home  - not.....

OK, i created wifi hotspot on my second mobile (stable 4G connection) - not..... 

OK, trying the windows application - still the same, wifi connected, but mobile APP giving me the message - try again later 🙂 

OK google 🙂 

Find this forum, find the manual FW update .... did it via cable (downloaded the recomended update file) - freezing after cca 10% hmmmm 

OK - checking around my usb settings, resetting the ST10, trying another microusb cable ...... update always freezing, midnight, 

Ordered and pickup during lunch break of the adaptor (noname usbA female to usbC male) putting the update file /from yesterday evening, downloaded from Bose recommended page/ on FAT 32 formatted USB stick.

Performing the 4&vol-&plugging in AC update - few blinks and ST10 restarted after 10 seconds. 

Trying the mobile app - same .... try again later

Again performing the 4&vol-&plugging - again, few blinks .... restart

Looking for service manual for ST10 - available via google, reading thru,.... looking for some deep factory reset - nope. 

-----------------------

close to solution:

-----------------------

What hit my eyes, was that in manual there was link to the download page, i tryied and i got idea, to compare the update file with the already downloaded - voila, the one from yesterday was having different size! (as beeing late & tired, wife out of home, i said to myself, let´s play again the 4&-vol game) -> Success.

Solution for my unit (NOS with old FW causing the above mentioned symptoms, serial number 069236P62220139AE) was to perform FW update with file UPDATE.STU, size: 95 644 712 bits, on disc: 95 645 696 bits = 91,2 MB. 

Update runned thru USB cca 3 minutes, with all the leds ON, after this time reboot, trying the mobile app (ofcourse some mambo jumbo about finding the network, "pairing" etc.) after wifi led stable light also soundtouch LED appeared (before putting the name of unit) was promissing and after putting the name - welcome to Bose etc.... appeared and everything works now perfect. 

Conclusion - i think Bose shall review the links to the UPDATE.STU file, as there are more versions available to download from Bose. I would preffer, tha table, where is visible, you have original unit this serial => download this FW, you have another, download that FW update. Also the UPDATE.STU should be for different versions called diferent, or having the number in the name mentioned, to avoid this size of file research. 

Enjoy if it helps. Bose, lot of fun thru research 😄

p.s.

btw. before purchasing ST10 i had to return some "well known branded" product sounding worser than my G-moms shower radio, so thank you Bose, to provide us with great sound indeed

yragsllim
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

I had the same issue.  I have a Bose SoundTouch System III (3) my wife got me for a bday gift like 5 years ago.  I never really used it before, maybe for an alarm clock.  I am remodeling my basement, and am using the Bose SoundTouch for music ( streamed Pandora ) in my new basement.  I struggled for days setting it up.  UNTIL.....   I ran across the article to upgrade the firmware, at this link.. 

Manually updating your SoundTouch system (bose.ca)

it takes a little time to get through it, BUT, IT WORKS.  🙂 I immeadeatly hooked up to soundtouch app, able to config everything.  the speakers are recognized.  Long story short, I recommend upgrading your firmware, especially if have an older system, and let it finish, and I bet it works after that.    this is if you can see your speakers on your network already, but cannot config/setup with app. 

good luck