Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hi I have a SoundTouch 20 could someone please help as I am getting very frustrated with this speaker I have tried everything from disconnecting the Internet rebooting the modem and installing and reinstalling the app I’ve tried that app on different devices I’ve also tried creating a hotspot using another Mobile phone so it’s on a different Internet but when I get to giving the speaker a name that’s as far as it will go it just says cannot add speaker to the account and really thinking of getting my money back if this carries on I seen all of the videos online And they make it look so easy and straightforward obviously not if anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kevj

Hello Kevj,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues setting up your new SoundTouch 20 speaker, but I'd be happy to help get this resolved. As you're able to get to the final stage of the setup process with naming the speaker, it sounds like there may be an issue with the firmware on the speaker communicating with the SoundTouch application. 

To resolve this, I encourage you to perform a manual firmware update on your speaker. If your speaker currently has a solid white Wi-Fi LED, that means that the speaker is currently connected to the Wi-Fi network. If so, press and hold the number "4" and "Vol -" buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, and you will see a message appear on screen saying "Hold to Update Speaker". After the speaker has completed its update, the speaker will restart and the screen will turn off. At this point, again attempt to go through the setup process within the SoundTouch application. When you are at the "How would you like to set up your speaker?" page, there will be two buttons. A black "Wi-Fi" button, and a white "Ethernet" button. Directly below the "Ethernet" button is a line of text that says "Speaker is already connected to network" - tapping this will search for your SoundTouch 20 speaker to add to your account.

Alternatively, should the speaker not be currently connected to Wi-Fi, I recommend manually updating the speaker using a computer and a USB to Micro-USB cable. Full instructions on how to do this can be found HERE. After successfully updating the speaker, again process through the setup process within the SoundTouch app.

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kevj

Hello Kevj,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues setting up your new SoundTouch 20 speaker, but I'd be happy to help get this resolved. As you're able to get to the final stage of the setup process with naming the speaker, it sounds like there may be an issue with the firmware on the speaker communicating with the SoundTouch application. 

To resolve this, I encourage you to perform a manual firmware update on your speaker. If your speaker currently has a solid white Wi-Fi LED, that means that the speaker is currently connected to the Wi-Fi network. If so, press and hold the number "4" and "Vol -" buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, and you will see a message appear on screen saying "Hold to Update Speaker". After the speaker has completed its update, the speaker will restart and the screen will turn off. At this point, again attempt to go through the setup process within the SoundTouch application. When you are at the "How would you like to set up your speaker?" page, there will be two buttons. A black "Wi-Fi" button, and a white "Ethernet" button. Directly below the "Ethernet" button is a line of text that says "Speaker is already connected to network" - tapping this will search for your SoundTouch 20 speaker to add to your account.

Alternatively, should the speaker not be currently connected to Wi-Fi, I recommend manually updating the speaker using a computer and a USB to Micro-USB cable. Full instructions on how to do this can be found HERE. After successfully updating the speaker, again process through the setup process within the SoundTouch app.

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Thank you so much for your help the manual download works a treat 👍👍👍
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

I am having the same issue but I have SoundTouch 10. Any advice? I can try to conenct USB to computer. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Hi there yes definitely use the USB to the computer and use the link I provided in my last comment and download the Sound touch 10 update and save it to your desktop on your computer and open the other link and insert the download In and go from there it will update itself and restart then you should be good to go to continue with the instructions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Use this link for Sound touch 10 update and install Use with USB and computer https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/article/updating-soundtouch-10-systems.html
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Hi, I followed the instruction to update the firmware but it seems that it got stuck at 100% installing updates.  i am connected via USB.  Any ideas? How long is the firmware update after 100%?  Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Jsant, 

thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with the update. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this! 

Can you tell me what you see on the SoundTouch speaker? Any LED indicators? If you have a screen, can you tell me what you see? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

fading message installing updatefading message installing update

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Jsant, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with the update. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this! 

Can you tell me what you see on the SoundTouch speaker? Any LED indicators? If you have a screen, can you tell me what you see? 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Jsant, 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Hi Jessie,  it actually got stuck at update for about 15 to 20 minutes.  Finally, I unplug the power for 5 minutes and it seems to work now.  Initially, I cannot reset to factory settings. I had to manually update the firmware through the USB.  Final test, I unplug it for about 5 to 10 minutes and plug it back in.  It seems to retain the settings and worked fine.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Highlighted

Hi Jsant, 

Thank you for following up! 

I'm so glad to hear that your system seems to have sorted itself out following the reset! 

If you do encounter any other of the issues you know where to find us!

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O