Oct 2, 2019

speakers can not be added to my sound touch Account

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: speakers can not be added to my sound touch Account

Hello Markus.Iseli,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

That's s shame that you are having difficulty adding your speakers to your SoundTouch account, this is absolutely something I would be able to assist you with today. Could you please tell me if this is a new system that you are trying to set up? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting noted in this thread?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Jdyer1960
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I’m having the exact same issue.  I’ve now spent 3 hours trying everything. I have the SoundTouch stereo JC series. The internet light is solid white, and during set up it gets right to the end. HELPPPPP

Kevj
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

This is exactly what I did and it worked a treat hope it works for you too https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/article/updating-soundtouch-10-systems.html

mom2zander
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

I have walked through all the steps of the solution and get this at the very end... whether I choose to rename it or just leave it as is. Frustrating. The other 2 paired successfully and are on the WiFi Network.

I am  not sure what to do except return it??

IMG_1357.PNG

Jeff_G

Hello mom2zander,

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your speaker. 

If the issue persists, please press and hold the preset 1 and Vol- buttons together for around 10 seconds, and then set the speaker up as a brand new device. 

I can see you are on an iPhone, so I would also recommend disabling "WiFi Assist." To do this, go to your phone's Settings > Cellular Data > WiFi Assist (toggle this off.) 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mom2zander
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Hi Jeff - that reset didn't work. And I didn't see Wifi assist under settings/cellular. Just a turn off/on for cellular data. Am I doomed to return this? My other 2 speakers (bought at different times) set up easily....

mom2zander
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

I just found wi-fi assist and it's off.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi mom2zander,

Thank you for letting us know that.

Could you let us know which SoundTouch speaker you are trying to connect when you get this error message? If you are unsure you can confirm this using our Product Identifier.

As mentioned further up the thread, this error message usually indicates that the speaker requires an update. If you can let me know which speaker we are working with I can provide a link to the instructions and file required to manually update your specific speaker.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mom2zander
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

it's the soundtouch 10... but if i have to go out and by the cords/plugs to do the update the speaker from my mac that's a bit ridiculous imho.