Sam_F

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hey Ad_Kem,

Sorry to hear you're encountering an issue adding your speaker to the SoundTouch app, but I'd be happy to help! As the manual update doesn't seem to be responding through the button press method, I'd advise trying the alternate method.

This is shown HERE for the SoundTouch 20 on the Bose support site, under the heading 'Using a computer and a USB cable'. Following these instructions will help you install the latest firmware and get your system ready to be connected to your SoundTouch account. If you have a different Bose system, please let me know. If not, give these steps a try, and let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ad_Kem
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Solved!

andrew gaffney
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

did the update,all was good and it is stuck on "50% installing update" for at least 3 hours.cannot get rid of this message,cant power off /use any buttons .mine is a bose soundtouch portable.regards andrew

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi andrew gaffney,

If the update pauses like this partway through it often means that the wrong update file is being used. The update file needed for the SoundTouch Portable can be found HERE, if you were using another update file then it would not be the correct file for your speaker.

As your speaker is not responding when you try and power it off, try performing a reset of the speaker by pressing and holding the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank. If this reset does not work, you will need to disconnect the speaker from power and let the battery drain from the speaker completely, then connect it to power and try installing the correct update file for your speaker.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
RoryC
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2021

Hi - 

I finally managed to get the link working and my laptop is updating my Soundtouch10.  BUT  - it's hanging here and appears not to be moving. I note that possibly, this is because the radio hasn't been updated since 9.0.41 (I purchased this on Ebay). I already have a Soundtouch speaker which works perfectly with my app. 

What can I do? thank you,

Rory

RoryC_0-1616161837844.png

Sam_F

Hey Rory,

Thank you for posting your findings so far. I'm sorry to see the update isn't completing - has any progress been made since you posted? If you find your system is struggling to complete the update no matter how many times you try, it may be best to contact local support, to look into the options to have this serviced. The issue may be due to how old the current firmware version on the system is, but the team will be more than happy to assist and get this resolved.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any further queries.