Sam_F

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hi @mom2zander,

Thank you for confirming the speaker that you have.

If you visit the page HERE, you'll be taken through the instructions for 'Manually updating with a USB cable'. To push the firmware update onto your speaker, you'll simply need a USB-to-MicroUSB cable, to attach from your PC/Mac to the SoundTouch 10 speaker.

Perform the steps shown in this section to push the update. Afterward, try the set up again, and you should notice the app will allow the speaker to be added to your account.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mom2zander
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Painintheass
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

I tried the 4 - suggestion here. Display counts 5 to 1 and stops there. I have released the buttons when it hits 1 and have held them down for several minutes and no difference. Display frozen at 1 with message Hold for system update. I’ve got a sound touch 20 thats about 4 years old and has not been connected to our WiFi for a couple of years. Normal run it by Bluetooth connection 

Keith_L

Hi Painintheass,

If your speaker hasn't been connected to the Wi-Fi for a while, the speaker will sometimes not be able to update via the button presses.

As your speaker won't start updating by itself, you would want to update it manually. You can find the instructions for doing this with your SoundTouch 20 HERE. I tend to find the USB cable method the easiest, so I would recommend following those steps first!

If you would like a hand performing the update, you can reach out to your local support team and they will be able to assist with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Gazza B
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

Hi,

I have a SoundWave Touch and 3 10's.

I've had the SWT and 1 10 for about 2 years and they were working fine until recently.

First they stopped updating via the Soundtouch App then they stopped working on my network, i cannot reconnect them to my account.

I bought another 2 10's and they too do not connect to my network.

I have been on to Bose and the software on all 4 speakers are up to date.

We have tried everything imaginable but only get as far as "Naming Speaker" then an error message tells me that they cannot connect to my account??

It has now been escalated and I am waiting to see what they do next.

Any ideas??

Bru1960
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your Sound Touch account

Hi, I also have the same problem. I have a ST 30 which I have had for a year which connects to the sound touch account no problem. I also have 3 x ST 10's which I cannot connect no matter how I try. I have tried going from 2.4 to 5  in my router settings and vice versa. All the speakers are showing up on the router settings but cannot connect to soundtouch account. Tried the factory reset. The alternative set up. Connecting speaker to laptop and updating firmware etc. etc.                                                      Spent numerous hours trying reloading apps, making new account and read different forums....          I'm at my wits end with it.                                                                                                                               Can someone please help.

PK05
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

I’m having the same issue with my Lifestyle 135 series 3. Any ideas please?

Vicky_W

Hey PK05, 

I'd love to help. Please can I take a few more details: 

• Do you have any other speakers connected to your account? 
  • Is this your first time connecting, if not, has anything changed recently? 
  • What phone do you have and what firmware version is it running? 
  • Which app version are you running? 
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting mentioned in this thread?
PK05
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Thanks VW

1. No other speakers (So app just wont function until the one I have is connected (Soundbar and sub)

2. Tried a month or so ago first time. Nothing has changed recently

3. Apple iPhone 8 ios 13.4.1

4. Soundtouch App Version 23.0.4

5. Yes. The most common thread help was manual update by cord and USB (I tried both several times)

chaiti buch
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

i have the same problem but mine is a soundtouch speaker... please guide me for the same

thanks 

chaiti

new delhi