Vicky_W

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

@PK05, thanks for providing those details! This does seem strange, please could you try and create a different SoundTouch account and let me know if the speaker will pair with this. 

@chaiti buck, please can you confirm the details I asked PK05 in my last post? 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PK05
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Good help from BOSE techo ph support. My building wifi seems to blocking (right at the last hurdle). So will find a router to fix and will post my findings next week.

SamLaFoudre
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Soundtouch20 Can not add the speaker to your soiundtoiuch accoiunt

Hello,

I keep on having the same message .. the SoundTouch 20 is recognized on the Wifi and everything seems ok. But when comes the set up on the application, I get the message: Can't connect, something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account. Please try later. Exit Set up"

Any help!? thank you very much in advance,

Regards, Sam

Graeme spence
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

I have a soundtouch 20, it connects to my Wi-fi network but it will not connect to my soundtouch account.  When I try to manually update, it counts down but stops at 1.  Do I continue to hold down 4 and volume-?  I have tried to connect via usb and computer but the computer cannot find the speaker!  I can connect via Bluetooth.  Is there a problem with the App?

Jessie_O

Hi Graeme Spence, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with adding your SoundTouch 20 to your SoundTouch account. These are some great troubleshooting steps!

I have included a LINK HERE with instructions on how to update the speaker manually. If this is still unsuccessful, I would recommend reaching out to our team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us', one of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
PK05
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

I have finally been able to connect my own in room WiFi modem with NBN as suggested by customer support. 

I have gone through all the steps and still fail at the last hurdle, even though the system can “see” my named speaker I am trying to add. I have also tried manually updating via the usb-micro cable.

Any other ideas please?

Vicky_W

@PK05, I am sure we can get there. Can you please try the alternate set up method here

PK05
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

The alternate method isn’t working either unfortunately. What is the tech Centre number for remote access through my computer? Maybe they can fix it that way.

pk

Vicky_W

@PK05, you can reach your local team by selecting your region here

Ad_Kem
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Same issue here. Holding down '4' and ' Vol-' the countdown starts 'Hold to update speaker', but stops and stays at ' 1 second' and does not start updating, nor restarting.