Crackling sound Touch 300

Re: Crackling sound Touch 300

Hello QuilpieGuy

Thanks for replying back.  Sine the issue has happened, has the ST300 been power cycled yet?  Also is the Acoustimass module also producing this crackling when it happens?  I will send you a request for the recording through your email you used for the community as well.  

Let us know so we can help resolve the issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Animated Arbiter

Have uploaded the recording.

No I've note power cycled since THIS problem appeared.

As to the Acoustimass module producing the crackling noise I'm not sure, would need a closer listen next time it happens.

Highlighted

Hello QuilpieGuy

Thanks for uploading the recording.  This is definitely a strange issue especially since it happens with Spotify Connect as well which doesn't require connecting to our servers at all.  Can you replicate this issue at all with another SoundTouch speaker in the home?  You mentioned this is intermittent, does it happen once a week, or more or less frequently? I am also going to have the recording sent over to development to see if they've seen anything like this as well.

Let us know the results!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Animated Arbiter

Why is it strange that it happens with Spotify Connect, if there is a problem in the electonics of the speaker it doesn't matter where the signal originally came from.

I did not check the ST10, will next time the issue shows up.

To date it has happened twice first time the day I posted about it and then again the following day.

For the last two days it has not recurred.

Hi QuilpieGuy

Thanks for getting back to us with the information.  Since the issue has not come up again I'd recommend keep an eye out for this issue.  If the crackling does come back, I would suggest you contact local support for service on the system.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom to display a number for support in your area.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A