Highlighted
RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Default HDMI on SoundTouch

Hello,

Is there any way I can default the SoundTouch 300 to TV (connected to HDMI ARC) on start-up. I do not have any aux or devices connected to HDMI IN. But when I start the soundbar, it defaults to Soundtouch mode and I am having to use the TV icon on remote to switch to HDMI ARC. This is annoying as I need to use multiple remotes.

Regards,

Rahul

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Default HDMI on SoundTouch

Hey Rahul, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

Your television should have a setting within the HDMI-CEC settings to enable auto-on sync when the system is turned on. Depending on your TV, it may be listed under a different name, the common ones being: 

Samsung = AnyNet+

Sony = BraviaSync

LG = Simplink

Panasonic = Viera link

I would also recommend making sure the soundbar is set to the TV source when powering off, this should prevent it going to SoundTouch when powering on.

I hope this helps. If you need any further support, please feel free to get back in touch.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the response. 

I have a Samsung TV and Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is already enabled on TV. In addition, I have set it to 'Default On' on the SoundTouch app as well. I have followed your inputs and still facing the same issue. In fact, I have not connected and do not use any other sources except TV on HDMI-ARC.

The source switching to SoundTouch happens when I click on TV icon on remote during start-up. The power-on process on soundbar takes about a minute, hence I normally click the TV icon so that it plays while it waits for the WiFi.

However, if I simply wait for the soundbar to completely power on, then it just powers on and does not connect to any source. Only the power LED indicator is white. 

Regards,

Rahul

Hello RahulMenon, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

When powering on, is the soundbar unplugged initially? Or do you just put it into standby when you are finished using it? I ask this because you mentioned it takes a while for it to connect to WiFi, however, if it is left plugged in, it should stay connected to WiFi even when not in use.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

I completely power off both the TV and SoundTouch 300 when not in use. However, when switched on, it takes a while to connect to Wi-Fi (which is fine), and doesn't connect to any source.

Since the TV is powered on, the SoundTouch should automatically recognize the sound input from HDMI-ARC and connect to it.

Regards,

Rahul

Hi RahulMenon, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

This will be the reason that the HDMI source resets as you are fully powering off the system rather than just turning it off by the remote. Please attempt to power the system off via the remote than a fully powering the system off by removing it from the outlet. 

Please attempt this method and update us on if the Soundbar remembers the last source is was connected to. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B