Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

Re: Difference between VI300 and Surround Speakers 700?

I dont know if software upgrades are enough. They should bring out some more powered rear speakers for the bose sound bar 700.

Just annoying that i already bought this system. Well, music quality is very good i think. But the surround experience is very bad.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

I have ST300 and I am 100% satisfied with sound quality but VI 300 is not up to mark. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I also noticed that the speakers aren't quite as powerful as I would have thought, but I did notice a slight difference when I moved the volume of the rears up to 10 and adjusted the front as a 7 or 8. You will have to play with the balance of those. The main thing that helped was also moving the rear speakers back as far as I could in the living room while doing the AdaptIQ Calibration and then afterwards placing them back to the spot that I wanted them to be placed. Try that and really exaggerate the distance and see if you see any difference. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Hello All, 

I just recently upgraded to the 700 series from the 300 because I, like many of you, was experiencing low sound volumes with the 300 series, even after running the AdaptIQ setup with the goofy headset. AdaptIQ is great technology but a silly process. Sonos offers a similar tuning feature using the mic on a mobile device which is convenient and effective.  I digress. Prior to upgrading to the 700 series, I also manually increased the volume from the 300 series using the SoundTouch app. There was a noticeable difference in volume but the surround sound lacked the "richness" of Bose speakers I've come to expect. So I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 700 series.

After setting up and rerunning AdaptIQ tuning, I'm floored by the difference in sound quality, volume, and fullness. They sound like surround speakers because they complement SoundBar 300 and subwoofer, yet have a much richer presence when compared to the 300 series surrounds.

Two cons to this whole process:

1. Now I have a set of VI300 speakers that don't pair with ANY OTHER SoundTouch product. I did NOT know that I could only have two surround speakers connected to one SoundBar but thought I'd convert them to a surround set for say, a SoundTouch 20, you know? Great idea! But not possible. What do I do with this set of 300 speakers? Sell them on eBay I suppose.

2. And this is a whole different discussion. The fact that there are multiple Bose apps for different speaker systems is absurdly frustrating. One app to rule them all! Even if the app has to function differently for 100 products, it would be great if it could all just run from one app. There should be integration with voice assistants that are on the same wifi network, even if the voice assistants are built-in to old wifi speakers sets like the SoundTouch series. Seems like a natural fit. You could integrate the whole voice assistant process within the SoundTouch app. But that is only reserved for the new "Smart Speaker" line that uses the Bose Music app. Seems like a very Apple thing to do, force your loyal users to purchase more/newer products just to have one or two features.