Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Download Soundtouch to PC

Where do I find the download for Soundtouch for windows? All I can find is one using a USB but I bought mine 3 years ago and downloaded it from the Bose site. I can no longer find it. I tried the USB one but it does not recognise a USB as one wasn't used initially.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Download Soundtouch to PC

Hey Chickman, 

Thanks for posting. 

You can download the SoundTouch app for windows here. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Thank you. However on my laptop it downloads but when I start it the logo comes up then goes to a black screen?

Highlighted

Hey chickman,

Thank you for giving that a try, you shouldn't be seeing a black screen. After the logo comes up, does your whole laptop screen go black, or just the Bose window you've opened? How long will it stay like that for, and how do you get rid of the black screen? Finally, could you specify the laptop you're trying to download the application onto?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Just the Bose window goes black. It remains black untilI close the Bose Window. It is a Lenovo X220 laptop.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that chickman!

As you are just getting a black screen when you launch the app, I would recommend you try and launch the app using our SoundTouchC variant of the app. The SoundTouchC variant will bypass a specific graphics interface that is not found in some Windows PCs. You can find the file to launch this version of the app in the SoundTouch folder found at either C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch or C:\Program Files\SoundTouch. It should look like the image below.

folder_win8_soundtouchc.png

If this version of the app launches correctly, delete the SoundTouch shortcut from your desktop and put the SoundTouchC file on the desktop instead, that way each time you open the app you'll be using this version of the app rather than the default!

Let me know how this goes!