Dropping Sirius

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Dropping Sirius

As of lately when I listen to Sirius it will drop out and the speakers will just say “please select a preset to begin listening” again. I’ve tried everything to solve it and no fix. Any suggestions?

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Dropping Sirius

Hello Gride7,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with connecting to SiriusXM. We would like to do what we can to assist you with this. 

Can you please inform us on the troubleshooting you have already attempted?

We would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Deleted and reinstalled the Bose app

logged out of Sirius and back in

updated Sirius password

reset my WiFi network

unplugged and restarted all of my speakers

Hello Gride7,

Thanks for getting back in touch to let us know, could you tell me a little bit more about your set up please? What speakers do you have? How many? Also, are you experiencing any issues with other streaming services? When you say you reset your router do you mean the settings or did you reboot the router?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

I did not post the original note...but I have had the exact same problem.  Sirius XM stations (does not matter which ones I tune into).  I have reinstalled the app on my laptop and my phone (both apple).  I have updated firmware on the Bose Soundtouch 20.  I have rebooted my network.  And I shoudl add that I can get Sirius on both my phone and my laptop. So the problem is clearly with the Bose Soundtouch 20.  Other streaming services (Amazon and Spotify) work as does local radio stations.  Only problem is with Sirius XM.  

Hello dleblang,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with SiriusXM. I understand that you have tried most of the other troubleshooting that @Gride7 has already tried, however, I would suggest that you try a product reset as you have not already tried that. 

To reset your product:

• On the top of your product, press and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

First, resetting requires pressing the 1 and the volume -- button.  (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/resetting-your-system-to-factory-defaults-st10.html)

Second, it did not work. Nothing changed.  Amazon sings. Spotify swings.  Sirius XM tells me that "Hmm...We can't connect to that music service right now. Please try again later."  And I tried later and guess what?  Same thing.  

So I am frustrated.  I own a Bose soundsystem for my home stereo.  Three sets of bose earbuds in my family along with three pair of noise canceling headphones.  I am brand loyal. But this has been going on long enough that I am tempted to try the Sonos product as an alternative.

Audible Advocate

I have many Bose products as well and am also frustrated to the point where I’m considering trying Sonos 

Audible Advocate

I got it to work for about 3 minutes.  And then it cut off telling me first that service was not available and then to select a present.  And it is worse: it cut off The King.  Don't. Mess. With. Elvis.  Good thing that I wasn't listening to the Sinatra channel because then we would have had to go to the mattresses!!!!

#ICannotEvenStrollDownE-Street

Noisy Narrator

Sirius internet streaming is a very low quality signal.  For $10 per month you can subscribe to Apple Music or Spotify and stream to your Bose device and get better quality than from Sirius.  That said, Sirius satellite to your car sounds good IMHO.

Evidently, Bose does not have a solution.  All the mods will do is ask you a bunch of questions, but never offer a solution other than to reset your device.  It's too bad they can't be honest and say they don't have a solution.