dleblang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Dropping Sirius

@Xyz987 Your comment that "There are better music streaming services than Sirius" is irrelevant.  

I purchased the Bose Soundtouch 20 and believed the promise that Sirius would be supported.  And it was supported until about 2 weeks ago when things started going haywire.  So I am asking it to be fixed.  Plain and simple.  I have done everything asked by the Bose folks including a hard reset of the system. I have reset my router.  And, to be clear, Sirius works when I stream it on my phone and my computer.  So it is not a Sirius problem.  It is a Bose problem.  

@Xyz987 Clearly you have no interest in helping get this issue resolved so I suggest that you either return to streaming your Apple Music or Spotify or just delete your account.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose is well aware of the problem.  There is nothing I can do to help resolve it.  I have Sirius radio that my wife and I use in the car.  However, since it does not work properly with Bose, and the streaming is very compressed, I choose to use something that works instead of constantly hammering Bose.  I am currently using Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal trying to decide which I like best.

PS:  I'm not going anywhere.  I have authored 31 accepted solutions here.  How many customers have you helped?  This is a problem that requires Bose and/or Sirius to resolve.  In the mean time, there are other and better alternatives available.

dleblang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Good for you for helping customers.  I am sure that they are grateful.  What is not helpful is you continuing to tell me to switch music streaming services. 

I am waiting for Bose to help me.  When and if they do, I will happily help others.  Until then, I just want my service restored/fixed.  Or at least an acknowledgement from Bose that Sirius XM is incompatible with their system.  

Gride7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Any update on this?  @bose I am still having the same issue with Sirius dropping or not even playing at all and have tried everything suggested in this thread a few times

Hi Gride7, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us. 

I can confirm that we are actively investigating this and will update the community as soon as we have more information. I appreciate your patience regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

2pfspiff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

I have also been experiencing the same issue with the sirius app on the soundtouch system.  I own the SA-5, soundtouch 10, 20 and the link adapter as well as Bose 251's in the back yard.  I have reset all of my soundtouch hardawre multiple times, rebooted my wifi which is 1 gig and SA-5 is ethernet connected to my system.  My soundtouch app account seems to work with hardly any issues, but my wifes account drops the sirius app every 3 to 5 minutes.  All of music services work fine.

Highlighted
2pfspiff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

@Xyz987 wrote:

Bose is well aware of the problem.  There is nothing I can do to help resolve it.  I have Sirius radio that my wife and I use in the car.  However, since it does not work properly with Bose, and the streaming is very compressed, I choose to use something that works instead of constantly hammering Bose.  I am currently using Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal trying to decide which I like best.

PS:  I'm not going anywhere.  I have authored 31 accepted solutions here.  How many customers have you helped?  This is a problem that requires Bose and/or Sirius to resolve.  In the mean time, there are other and better alternatives available.

Just out of couriosity, how did you get the Apple music to work with out airplay 2?  Are you using bluetooth or streaming it through the Soundtouch app?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I bought an Apple TV 4K.  I use it to stream Apple Music and Tidal through my TV to my Bose 300.  For Spotify, I stream from my iPhone to the Apple TV 4K using Airplay 2.

jaybo41
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

I too am having the same problem streaming Sirius through my ST 300.  It works, but then it drops out, I see some flashing lights on the ST 300 and then it comes back.  

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

What is the latest update on Streaming SiriusXM on ST?  Heard nothing from Bose on any thread that the issue is fixed? Thanks