Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juliocr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

ERROR 3103 - SoundTouch + Amazon

I am creating a new topic because apparently, error 3103 can refer to a lot of different issues and none of those issues posted on this board seem to apply to my situation. I cannot play Amazon Music tracks, which have not played on the app since yesterday, and keep getting the infamous 3103 error. Before getting the error, the speaker tries to play the first song, then moves on to the next one, and then to a third one before it shows the error. No music ever plays. Interestingly, the Amazon Music app plays just fine off of my phone, so the Amazon service is running. And yes, I made sure to stop the Music app before trying the SoundTouch app again in case there was some conflict. TuneIn stations also play fine (unlike other 3103 errors I have seen posted) so that's not a problem. Amazon streams fine through echo dot, so that could not be an issue either. I tried everything I could think of. So I basically reinstalled the SoundTouch app and went through the entire setup process again. Reset the connection to speakers hoping that would clear whatever issue but it has not. I'm out of ideas. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Juliocr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

Re: ERROR 3103 - SoundTouch + Amazon

Author Accepted Answer selected by Juliocr

I had tried that but did it again to make sure. What's interesting is that until yesterday, the presets in the SoundTouch did work, so I could listen to the stations saved there and then use the app to add speakers. And that worked fine. (all the presets were TuneIn stations). Today neither Amazon nor TuneIn work. It dawned on me that I had never restarted the SoundTouch so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now everything seems to be working fine. Not sure which of all these things did it, but it's working now. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Hello Juliocr, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry you are having this issue and I would love to assist you in getting this resolved. However, to do this, I need to confirm which SoundTouch speaker you have?

I look forward to your response. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Juliocr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

Hi - I have a SoundTouch 120 and SoundTouch 30. It looks like the default one in the app is the ST 30. I can start playing in that one and then add the ST120 to the group. I hope this helps.

Liam_G

Thank you for confirming Juliocr, 

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Amazon skill? 

You would need to go into the Amazon Alexa app and locate the Bose Soundtouch skill that is enabled in "My skills and games" to disable it and then you will be able to enable the skill again and set up Amazon Alexa once more. 

If you haven't done this already, I recommend that you try this and test the speakers again to see if the music will play. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Juliocr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

Thanks! I found two poorly rated Bose skills active in Alexa. I deleted them both. The situation has not changed, though. When I click on a song to play, the metadata is displayed in the app, so I see the album cover, song duration, etc., but the playhead stays put at 0 and play does not start. After a few seconds, it goes on to the next song in the playlist. After the third unplayed song, I get the 3101 error.

Liam_G

I am sorry to hear that it hasn't improved. Have you tried removing the Amazon Music account from the Soundtouch app? 

You can do this via going to the settings from the Main menu, selecting music services, then Amazon Music and selecting your account to where you should see the option to remove. 

Once removed, you can add it again via the "add service" option in the main menu. 

Try this and let me know if there are any changes. 

Juliocr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Juliocr

I had tried that but did it again to make sure. What's interesting is that until yesterday, the presets in the SoundTouch did work, so I could listen to the stations saved there and then use the app to add speakers. And that worked fine. (all the presets were TuneIn stations). Today neither Amazon nor TuneIn work. It dawned on me that I had never restarted the SoundTouch so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now everything seems to be working fine. Not sure which of all these things did it, but it's working now. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post