Ecosystem Updates the 28th of November

Audible Advocate

Ecosystem Updates the 28th of November

Hi Bose,

Have these updates been released as planned? 

I cannot see them in either the Play Store or Apple App Store.

John

8 REPLIES

Re: Ecosystem Updates the 28th of November

Hi Scubaondown,

The latest SoundTouch Ecosystem update is being rolled out in a staged release. If you haven't been prompted for the update yet, you can expect to be prompted by December 7th at the latest. The updated version will not be available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store until the final phase is complete. However, you shouldn't need to reinstall the app from either of these locations if you already have the SoundTouch app. You will simply be prompted to update within the app.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions! 

Best regards,

Brian

Audible Advocate

Hi Brian,

I have my devices set to US English but cannot see the skill via the Alexa App on my Phone. 

The only way I can see the Skill is to login to  Amazon.Com. I can then see the Skill but cannot enable because my account is linked to Amazon.co.uk.

Help

Friendly Fanatic

Hi @Scubaondown

I think Bose have been mistaken that just setting your Alexa device to US English would be enough to enable use outside of the USA. I too tried to set my device to US English to access the skill, but it did not work. I think the only way to get the skill ahead of any UK/worldwide release is to have your Amazon account on amazon.com and not .co.uk or whatever your amazon is currently set too.

Maybe you could set up an amazon.com account and then link your Alexa device/s to that account. And, then don't forget to also have your devices set to US English too. I believe that will work, but it's a lot of work just for one skill. It all depends on how much you want the skill. 

I hope this helps.

Take care,

David

Audible Advocate

Hi David,

I was thinking down the same lines, but would like Bose to confirm the fact that this release is only for the US or people registered with Amazon.Com, not any other Amazon entity.

I dont actually need the skill, but my Wife is viasually impaired and has been looking forward to using the skill, hence the frustration.

Thanks for the advice

John

Audible Advocate

Hi David,

I was thinking down the same lines, but would like Bose to confirm the fact that this release is only for the US or people registered with Amazon.Com, not any other Amazon entity.

I dont actually need the skill, but my Wife is visually impaired and has been looking forward to using the skill, hence the frustration.

Thanks for the advice

John

Audible Advocate

I also cant see the bose skill in alexa. Language is definately US English. But Im in UK.

Hoping this is not going to be yet another "wait a while" moment from Bose.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose has now confirmed that this release is US only.

More waiting

Thank you for your posts,

We apologize for any confusion. The skill is, in fact, only available in the U.S., and requires users in the U.S. to have their devices set to U.S. English. We're working to make the skill available in more regions and will share more information as soon as we can. 

Best regards,

Brian