Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Error 3103 - Spotify Connect and Soundtouch bug

I have been able to reproduce a bug in the Soundtouch system and how it works with Spotify Connect using a Soundtouch preset to play a playlist (with or without shuffle).

By the looks of it, there are Spotify bugs and Bose bugs.  This is using the latest firmware 26.0.1.

Basically, if the "Now Playing" list in Spotify indicates the 2nd and 3rd songs in "Next for Playlist" are unplayable, the Soundtouch will finish playing it current track, and start playing the 1st track in "Next for".  When it finishes and the 2nd comes up, error 3103 and Soundtouch loses the plot.

eg Now Playing : Track #A (3 min)

Up Next in Playlist :

Track #1 (4 min)

Track #2 (unplayable) (5 min)

Track #3 (unplayable) (6 min)

Track #4 (3 min)

At end of track #A, track #1 starts BUT Soundtouch will show 4 min into a 3 min track while Spotify shows 1 min into a 4 min track.

At end of track #1, Soundtouch will not play but show up to 7:15 into a 3 min track (#A + #1 duration) while Spotify will show 0.

Error 3103

I can reproduce this any time.  It doesn't matter if your Spotify app is set to show unplayable tracks or not.

There was a window of 24 hours from when the Soundtouch update came out and a Spotify update shortly after where I could see the "Up Next" attempt to fix itself.  This only lasted 24 hours till another Spotify update came out.

Brian

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Error 3103 - Spotify Connect and Soundtouch bug

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Spotify playback on SoundTouch. 

In terms of troubleshooting, have you tried removing the Spotify service, then re-added it to the SoundTouch app? Have you also tested the SoundTouch app on other devices? 

If the problem persists on all devices, I'd recommend trying to disconnect your router from power for 5 minutes, plug it back in, then re-test. If you still have issues, force the SoundTouch speaker to re-install the update. If you're using a 10, 20 or 30, you can do this by pressing and holding preset 4 and Vol- together for around 10 seconds.

Be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

I have uninstalled/logged out of all Bose/Spotify apps.

I have reset the devices.

I have replaces the WiFi/Router hardware as well as all off for 5 minutes type approach.

Nothing changes.

Forcing speaker to reinstall the update, error 1046 "That didn't work. Please try again.".

After 3 * repeats of error 1046, it supposedly worked.

Retesting now.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

It worked for a couple of instances but back to bugging out.

Skipping to the next track the first couple of times where the list 2 consecutive unplayable tracks, the shuffled list regenerated but after 3  skips, it stopped working.

Now skipping to the track before the 2 unplayable ones, the current track doesn't skip but Spotify shows the next track as playing.  In both, a further skip is unavailable.

Highlighted

Thank you for posting your finding, Newbigin.

How far away from your WiFi router do you have your speaker positioned, and do is it set on the 2.4 or 5GHz channel?

Have you tried replacing your presets with other music services, and then re-saving your Spotify presets to the speaker and testing again? Also, do you have any issues streaming your music when playing directly through the Spotify app on your phone using Spotify Connect, or just when trying to use presets and the SoundTouch app?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

The speaker I do most testing on is 3-4 meters away from the router, other end of the desk.  Other speakers are in other rooms.

I have tried limiting the network to only operate at 2.4ghz or 5ghz but no change.

I replaced the presets and put them back but no change.

What I have noticed is now, after the 3103 error, if I open the Spotify app and "forget" the ST devices, the playlist will re-sort and no double up unplayable tracks.  I can then turn off the ST and Spotify will then connect and play again.