Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Error 4501

Hi Team,

I am getting a 4501 error when attempting to listen to some of my preset stations on all my Bose speakers.

I am using the Sound touch App for my Cinemate, soundtouch 20 & 30 and  wave soundtouch. 

I have rebooted all and reinstalled the app  which took some time!

The stations are shoving on my Bose App on Tunelin however when I try to connect I get the dreaded 4501 error and the speakers state "Select preset or explore music on the soundtouch App"

I am based in the UK and the stations I had preset which are all working if you try via the web are; 

Ibiza Global Radio  https://ibizaglobalradio.com/

Cafe del Mar Radio (official) https://cafedelmar.com/radio/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=c703929134b0232b85ce2b2d3c20467b298846c3-158997059...

Blue Marlin Ibiza Radio https://www.bluemarlinibiza.com/radio/

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Error 4501

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ivan R

Hey Ivan R,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

I've had a look into these stations that you are trying to play and it does seem like TuneIn is no longer supporting them. When put into TuneIn's website they all return the result saying they are "Currently Unavailable" which would explain why they are not playing for you.

I don't know if they are temporarily unavailable or have been removed permanently, to find that out you would need to contact TuneIn themselves. However, I do have some options for you to continue to listen to your favourite stations in the meantime!

The first and easiest way to do this, would be to play the station on a phone, tablet or computer from the stations website and use Bluetooth or Airplay to connect to your SoundTouch speakers.

The other is there is an option to add custom radio streams in the SoundTouch app, that you can use to get these stations back. We do have a guide on how to set this up available HERE that will help you get this up and running!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Error 4501

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ivan R

Hey Ivan R,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

I've had a look into these stations that you are trying to play and it does seem like TuneIn is no longer supporting them. When put into TuneIn's website they all return the result saying they are "Currently Unavailable" which would explain why they are not playing for you.

I don't know if they are temporarily unavailable or have been removed permanently, to find that out you would need to contact TuneIn themselves. However, I do have some options for you to continue to listen to your favourite stations in the meantime!

The first and easiest way to do this, would be to play the station on a phone, tablet or computer from the stations website and use Bluetooth or Airplay to connect to your SoundTouch speakers.

The other is there is an option to add custom radio streams in the SoundTouch app, that you can use to get these stations back. We do have a guide on how to set this up available HERE that will help you get this up and running!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post