Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

Errors 6157 and 6206 trying to use Spotify

Everything had been working fine until I changed my wifi. Reset my 2 ST10's and everything connected ok. The problems started when I tried to play my Spotify premium account (which was working prior to the resets) and the error "Hmm..., We can't access your music service account right now. Try entering your username and password again (6157)". Re entered by Spotify details and  got this message: "Hmm..., Looks like that account has already been added. (6206)"
I have signed out of all devices on Spotify, rebooted my speakers, phone and router with no success. Have seen a couple of posts for the 6157 from 2017 but with no solution so hoping something has been found to fix this. Also get error 6304 for my music library. 

IMG_3445.PNGIMG_3444.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Errors 6157 and 6206 trying to use Spotify

Hello Jontee711,

Welcome to the Bose Community. Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 10 speakers after changing your WiFi. 

If you haven't already, can I suggest ensuring both speakers are fully factory reset before use to see if this helps? To reset, press and hold Preset 1 and Vol- together until the LEDs begin to blink.

If the problems continue, please try to force updates on the speaker by pressing and holding Preset 4 and Vol- together until the LEDs blink. 

Finally, I would check to see if your internet router has any settings enabled that may cause problems. Please see below for our list of recommended settings: 

Recommended router settings for Bose product compatibility

1. UPnP: Enable
  2. Multicast: Enable
  3. IGMP: Enable
  4. Wireless Isolation: Disable
  5. IGMP Proxy: Disable
  6. IGMP Snooping: Disable
  7. Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  8. Stealth mode: Disable
  9. MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to allowed devices list
  10. WPS: Disable
  11. WAN IP Blocking: Disable

Recommended router settings for Bose product performance

1. Wireless channel: Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended

Standard Wi-Fi uses 11 channels. Selecting the best channel might require trial and error. Choose channel 1 or 11 and observe the system to see if performance improves. If it does not, try the other channels until performance does improve

2. Security type: WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption

Some routers offer a mixed security mode of WPA (TKIP)/WPA-2 (AES) for compatibility with older products. Choose WPA-2 only if no networked devices depend on WPA or mixed mode. If unsure whether or not other networked devices will be affected, note the current security setting, switch to WPA-2 and try all other networked devices. If necessary, return to the previous security setting

3. WMM: Disable

This setting is intended to optimize streaming services but typically gives priority to voice or video streaming, which can negatively impact audio streaming or reserve bandwidth for voice or video devices even if they are off. Although disabling WMM is recommended, on some routers, enabling WMM improves performance. If WMM is disabled on the router and issues are experienced with your Bose product, enable WMM and check for improvement

4. Dual-Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) SSID: Name both differently.

With routers that broadcast more than one network, give the networks distinct names. If your networks have the same name, products on the networks might not know the difference with the identical names. This can cause them to intermittently disconnect and reconnect while trying to switch between networks. To prevent this, for example, if the router offers a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network, name one "MyNetwork2.4" and name the other "MyNetwork5.0."

I hope this helps! Be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Do this first, to save the time and effort of adjusting router settings; I simply removed Spotify from Soundtouch and then re-added it, thereby signing in again.

It worked. 

FYI, I changed not only wifi routers et al in my home, I had changed my Spotify login info as well so it was twofold. However, removing and then re-adding Spotify and then logging in worked fine and easily. 

Good luck. 

BOSE: Whats up with adding Apple Music?!?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Errors 6157 and 6206 trying to use Spotify

Hi Jeff_G

I've already done everything you mention, and yet I still get the same error. I opened a new account and it already works normally, but if I want to continue using the same account, what else can I do or How can I close the account to restart everything?

Thk'x

Highlighted

Hi PERSE0999,

Thanks for trying that troubleshooting and letting us know how it went. Did you also try the steps @tfreddyh suggested, removing and re-adding the Spotify account to SoundTouch? If not, then I would definitely recommend trying this next!

When you say you have created a new account, was this a new Spotify account or new SoundTouch account?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

How do you remove the Spotify account from SoundTouch app? 

Highlighted

Hey @dreaman,

If you're looking to remove your Spotify account from the SoundTouch app:

Go to Menu > Settings > Music Services > Spotify > Remove Account

If you'd like to re-connect your account, close the app then re-open. Then, go to Menu > Add New Service > Spotify. I hope that helps!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Thanks, meanwhile realized that myself.

Eventually for me worked Sign-out and then Sign-in.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

I am having the same problem but how do you delete Spotify from the Bose account. It says that I can add an account but not delete 

Highlighted

Hi Karen, 

Thanks for posting. 

You can remove your Spotify account by doing the following. 

1. Open the Bose Music app.

2. Tap the headphone/speaker icon in the top left corner of the screen.

3. Tap the account icon in the top right corner of the screen.

4. Tap Manage Music Services.

5. Under the AUTHORIZED section, tap your Spotify account. 

6. Tap the red Remove Account button.

7. Tap Remove to confirm. 

If an account does not appear under the Authorized section, this means no Spotify account is added. 

I hope this helps!