Buckster1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

Ethernet for soundbar 500

Initially set up with WiFi but now want to change to Ethernet. Was working fine on WiFi but when I connect he Ethernet Alexa stops working and I get the 4 flashing red lights.  How do you change connection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ethernet for soundbar 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Buckster1

Hello Buckster1,

Thank you for the question.

As soon as you plug Ethernet into the Soundbar 500, this automatically disables the Wi-Fi chip in the system. There is a known issue with an Ethernet connection to the soundbars that development is working on a fix for at this time. Its the exact issue you're describing.

Once we have an update, we'll let the community know.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

13 REPLIES 13

Author Accepted Answer selected by Buckster1

Hello Buckster1,

Thank you for the question.

As soon as you plug Ethernet into the Soundbar 500, this automatically disables the Wi-Fi chip in the system. There is a known issue with an Ethernet connection to the soundbars that development is working on a fix for at this time. Its the exact issue you're describing.

Once we have an update, we'll let the community know.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Buckster1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

Thanks 

Ze
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Hello,

i have encountered the same problem, i'm the last firmware version (at now), and as workaround i have resolved in this way:

- unplug network clable if plugged

- before switch network, reset the wifi configuration (the soundbar show orange/yellow led fixed)

- unplug the power cable

- plug the network cable

- plug the power cable

in this way i have show (on my router) the soundbar connected correctly as wired and the soundbar return to communnicate with internet correclty, and alexa return to work.

I hope that this steps work also for you.

Buckster1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

Has this issue been fixed yet?

Hi Buckster1, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. Does the SoundBar connect back to WiFi when the Ethernet is removed? 

This isn't an issue that I have seen. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Buckster1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

After all the issues when I tried to set up just using Ethernet and the troubles to get the bar to work after doing so because of the “inbuilt” software glitch, I’m extremely hesitant to try it again until Bose tell me that the bar will switch seamlessly from one to the other without any issues like any other IOT.

Highlighted

Hello Buckster1,

Thanks for the information provided.

Sorry, the issue still persists but we would want to know if a connection was made when you connected via ethernet?

Please try again and let us know.

Best regards,

Prince O

Buckster1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

Please follow the thread.  I tried to use Ethernet when first purchased and had all sorts of issues which resulted in having to reset the bar to factory. 

The respense from Bose was that it was a known issue for which a software fix was being worked on.  

My recent question was to enquire if the fix had been undertaken so I could hook up to Ethernet.  

I dont want to go through all the issues of trying Ethernet and the subsequent failure of the unit to work if the Known issue has not been resolved. 

Hi Buckster1, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I haven't seen an update on this issue. So I can't advise on this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B