Highlighted
djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Features, Functions, Release Cycles, empty promises......

Hello, everybody,

I ask myself or I ask you, when finally new functions will come? It's felt an eternity ago that really new features were implemented. There are not even bug fixes. May I honestly ask how many developers you have?

It's been said for over a year now that AirPlay 2 is being worked on and other features are shut down because of that. Now there is no AirPlay 2 until now, so I ask what exactly is being worked on at the moment? And where has the product manager Mike been? About 2 years ago I really thought everything would be fine with Bose now because Mike had promised to work on many problems (especially release cycles) and there should be a new tool with the quote: "we can integrate new music services faster". Really? nothing to see of it to this day either...

Many greetings from germany and from a frustrated customer who hasn't recommended Bose for a long time.

Hope I get an answer. 

😞 

5 REPLIES 5
boseowner250
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Re: Features, Functions, Release Cycles, empty promises......

Couldn't agree more... 

I've been reading these forums for months now and it's always the same reaction. And this post will also receive that same reaction. "We don't have any information BLA BLA BLA" 

FFS Bose! Give your customers some information. Even "It's not coming anymore" is an answer I would be happy with.

Every day passing by is one step closer to moving back to Sonos. About 1,5 year ago I sold all my Sonos gear and switched to Bose because I liked the sound better and Bose promised to keep up with the features. Now i'm more and more considering moving back to Sonos. It's a very small trade off in audio quality, but I think it's worth it. 

I don't even think Bose gives a **bleep** about people walking away, they already have our money.

BustedFlush
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Bought a SoundTouch 300 sound bar for my TV a year ago and waited and waited and waited. 

Its now a Bose island in a sea of Homepods. It’s for TV use only now and the first and last item of Bose equipment to enter my house. 

Just glad I’m not like some others here who have invested 5 figure amounts to be left hanging on a promise. It’s Homepod all the way from now on. 

Bye Felicia. 

LukaD
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Some of the functunality we need, is so intuitive that it's surprising, Bose did not come up with it on their own. Permanent grouping, I cant imagine having multiple ST speakers around the house in multiple groups, and having to configure groups everytime I switch them on. I myself have two of them and its a nuisance. Id like them to stay groupped until I tell them otherwise. Someone that produces multi room audio systems should have figured out that without the help of their customers. Bose on the software front you need to get your act together, its a completley diferent universe from audio equipement.

djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

The same appplies to me. I have bought two HomePods, because Bose delivers only empty promises. 

The ridicoulous part is that since 2015 (!) I am observing this forum and always heard the same answer over and over again... "thank you for your suggestion for improvement, we have forwarded it to the development team".

Since 2015 they have only managed to release a "new" app design and alexa integration.

Back in 2016 they announced a solution for better managing feature requests by giving the customers the choice to vote for features. Nothing really nothing of that came true. Again empty promises...

To me it looks like they had a budget of XXXX $ and they were like "lets give the app a new paint job". The order was then outsourced to a development team, who had really no clue whats going on. The first release of the new app was terribly bad... there were some bug fixes to calm down the crowd, but that was it. nothing more since then! As a bonus they have deleted all the old posts of complains by customers.

What's even more interesting is that the old moderators of this forum and probably the product manager mike angelo are no longer there - obviously the have threw in the towel.

Last but not least have you ever checked the app store rating? In the iOS app store there is more or less only god feedback... very suspicoius if you ask me. 

Sorry for the long text but I have had enough after four years. 

I'm tired of hearing empty promises over and over again. I can't understand how you can't build up a strong programming team that will rework the whole app and program new functions, especially essential ones, instead of just stepping functions. Nowadays you won't get far with hardware. Where is the added value for the customers? Like many others, it's just enough for me. I have a list of mistakes and suggestions for improvement, if Bose wants them they can contact me (It's not like I haven't already filled out their polls here and in the app)

Bye

LukaD
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Even the marketing photos for the ST10 show it next to a bed and the alarm clock & and sleep timer are still not a function.