raakeshgupta
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Finding issues connecting left surround speaker

Have recently purchased soundbar 500 and could connect to base module and one of the surround speakers to the right. However surround speaker to the left doesn’t connect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Finding issues connecting left surround speaker

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Thanks for letting us know Valkyrionxi.

At this stage, given what you've tried and the behavior of the receivers, I'd recommend looking at returning those to exchange for a brand new pair of receivers.

This way, you can walk through set up just as you have been doing, but without any difficulties connecting both surround speakers instead of just the one. Once you get hold of the new receivers, please do update us at what happens. I'd expect you successfully connect both to your soundbar, but I'd love to hear how you get on. Also, let me know if you have any other queries in the meantime.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Keith_L

Hi raakeshgupta,

Welcome to the community! I would be happy to help you get your rear speakers set up.

When trying to set up the rear speakers, at what point are you having trouble? Is the left speaker not found during the setup or does the app find the left speaker but not stay connected?

The first thing to check when only one speaker will not connect is the Left and Right switches on the receivers. You need to make sure one is set to 'L' and one is set to 'R' for them both to connect.

It is also worth looking at the location of the left speaker. You do need to check whether there is anything that could interfere with or block the wireless signal to its location. If you have any wireless devices near your soundbar or rear speakers, such as a router or wireless printer, these can interfere with the signal. It can help to move the speaker closer to the soundbar to complete the connection process.

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Valkyrionxi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

I am having the same issues and tried your recommendation. Still having the same issue, only difference now is that my surround speaker was found in the “add Bose Accessory speakers” section. 

Sam_F

Hey @Valkyrionxi,

When connecting your surround speakers to your soundbar, you will have to follow the 'Accessory Speakers' setup. It seems that you're describing the correct process for set up - have you had any joy connecting both of the surround speaker receivers to the soundbar?

Valkyrionxi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

801958D2-0809-489C-B1C9-611B182F7546.jpeg

 Bose locates both of my surrounds but only one works with the white light while the other has a slow amber blink. 

Valkyrionxi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

635BDCB4-B8BE-4CEA-BE86-19AA0120D41C.png

Jeff_G

Valkyrionxi, those receivers are awfully close to each other. Can you try moving one to the other side of the room to see if you continue having issues? I'm wondering if the one that has successfully connected is interfering with the communication between the amber-lit one and the soundbar. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thanks.

Valkyrionxi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

I only put them together so you can see the lights. They are placed on the far sides of the living room away from each other. Also, I just bought them and set them up on Friday. So these are brand new. 

Valkyrionxi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Some amplifying information, when I switch the non working VI300 receiver to “L” or “R” the Bose 500 soundbar acknowledged that something is there because I get 4 red blinking lights. 

Keith_L

Thanks for letting us know that Valkyrionix!

It's interesting that the soundbars lightbar blinks red 4 times when you do this. The lightbar blinking red 4 times would usually indicate that the voice assistant and/or internet connection is unavailable and is not related to the accessory speaker connections. If you check the statuses HERE let me know which is closest to what you are seeing when you do this.

As you get a response when changing the left/right switch on the receiver, it would be worth changing the switches over on both receivers and seeing if this allows them both to connect. If you set the one that currently is set to R to L, and the one currently set to L to R then try connecting them again and see how this goes.

Let me know how you get on!