Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Firmware update? Really? Then why is WiFi still SO awful & choppy?

Tell me why is the wifi reception on Soundtouch still SO awful?

• I've got v25.0.4, and update regularly
  • I've got the soundtouch10 standing RIGHT NEXT TO the modem
  • I've got good signal strength at around -20dBm average (tho the app often says RSSI signal strength POOR)
  • I've often have NO other streaming going on. 
  • I've restarted everything several times over. I've tried everything from your 'connectivity tips'

And yet, when I listen to eg somaFM stations, it drops out for a second every 10-20 seconds, or more often. Sometimes it goes ok, then it drops out out every 10 seconds. then once a minute. Then it loses the signal for a full 10 seconds. 

It's an AWFUL streaming music listening experience.

No other device that uses the same modem has any connectivity issues - just uninterrupted streaming of the same channels all day long. AND they're much further away from the modem.

This has been going on since the day I got it.

I'm appalled that a premium brand like Bose choose to put out such lousy firmware/tech that it can't even hold a basic wifi signal. What's premium about that?

The sound is good, but the connectivity is just awful. I think Bose should be ashamed. Talk about a dud service, that almost any two-bit audio brand can better. 

I think you should be focusing on making your firmware better to start with. Unless you do that, no point putting out new updates I think, to app or device. Very let down.

rino

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Firmware update? Really? Then why is WiFi still SO awful & choppy?

@rino wrote:

Tell me why is the wifi reception on Soundtouch still SO awful?

• I've got the soundtouch10 standing RIGHT NEXT TO the modem

@rino  Try locating the speaker away from the modem. There is probably interference by having the speaker too close to the modem/router. I ran into that problem with my ST30. I ended up connecting via ethernet as I didn't have relocation options.  Streaming performance improved, no more dropped connections.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

thanks @rickatk I appreciate the thought... but I've tried the wifi/bose in all sorts of locations, rooms etc... and it's always choppy. I thought getting it closer might help, but no.

Also, the ST10 doesn't have an ethernet port, otherwise I would def. have tried plugging it straight in.

Like I said, it's so sad that Bose put so little effort into their firmware quality. Major disappointment for me, and reason not to recommend the brand to others.

cheers, rino

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@rino wrote:

thanks @rickatk I appreciate the thought... but I've tried the wifi/bose in all sorts of locations, rooms etc... and it's always choppy. I thought getting it closer might help, but no.

Also, the ST10 doesn't have an ethernet port, otherwise I would def. have tried plugging it straight in.

Like I said, it's so sad that Bose put so little effort into their firmware quality. Major disappointment for me, and reason not to recommend the brand to others.

cheers, rino

I dont think the ST10 is the strongest of players in the SoundTouch lineup. I have a little Bose 300 rock solid. Are you able to return the ST10  or send it in for warranty repair?