Firmware update? Really? Then why is WiFi still SO awful & choppy?
Tell me why is the wifi reception on Soundtouch still SO awful?
- I've got v25.0.4, and update regularly
- I've got the soundtouch10 standing RIGHT NEXT TO the modem
- I've got good signal strength at around -20dBm average (tho the app often says RSSI signal strength POOR)
- I've often have NO other streaming going on.
- I've restarted everything several times over. I've tried everything from your 'connectivity tips'
And yet, when I listen to eg somaFM stations, it drops out for a second every 10-20 seconds, or more often. Sometimes it goes ok, then it drops out out every 10 seconds. then once a minute. Then it loses the signal for a full 10 seconds.
It's an AWFUL streaming music listening experience.
No other device that uses the same modem has any connectivity issues - just uninterrupted streaming of the same channels all day long. AND they're much further away from the modem.
This has been going on since the day I got it.
I'm appalled that a premium brand like Bose choose to put out such lousy firmware/tech that it can't even hold a basic wifi signal. What's premium about that?
The sound is good, but the connectivity is just awful. I think Bose should be ashamed. Talk about a dud service, that almost any two-bit audio brand can better.
I think you should be focusing on making your firmware better to start with. Unless you do that, no point putting out new updates I think, to app or device. Very let down.