Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Firmware update

Hi, 

After this firmware latest update on 22.11.19 I am facing  frequent disconnect & connects on  Spotify Premium with soundtouch 30 thru spotify connect but when I connect through soundtouch app no such issue..  FYI Spotify free is working good thru spotify connect.. surprise.. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Firmware update

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh Kumar

Hello Suresh,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I would recommend forcing the speaker to update once again by holding preset 4 and the volume down buttons together for around 10 seconds. Once the update is complete, I'd recommend removing the Spotify service from the SoundTouch app, then sign back into it. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hi Suresh, 

Thank you for our post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be having with Spotify disconnecting on your premium account. I'll see what I can do for you! 

Have you tried removing the Spotify account and re-adding it? You can do this by clicking the 3 lines in the top left corner, scroll down to settings > Music Services > Spotify. Then click on the email address and delete it. Follow the same instructions to add the Spotify account back in.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi,

Yes, I did try sign out, clear storage, cache, uninstallation & re installed and added Spotify too. I did this on Soundtouth and Spotify.

As I mentioned on my other thread , I get in to one more issue like when I select a track from Sound touch app >Spotify Music service > different track is playing (Note but the Deezer is working - it plays 30seconds as Im not a Deezer Subscriber now).  These are all the issue with Soundtouch 30 only , My other devices like soundtouch adapter, Lifestyle35 is working cool.

Highlighted

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for letting us know! Could you please confirm the firmware version of your SoundTouch 30? Although you say it is since the last update on 22.11.2019, I'd just like to check that it is the most recent version where a fix for Spotify pausing was included.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2017

I have been having this same problem.  I am on version 23.0.10.  It seems to have started in the past week or two.

Highlighted

Hello lfern65,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you have experienced issues when streaming from Spotify. There has been an additional update to 23.0.12 which has addressed this issue. 

Please make the update through the SoundTouch app or by visiting SoundTouch® Software Update on your computer.

If the issue persists after the update, please get back to me and I'll be happy to look into this further with you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2017

Thanks!  I found this update shortly after posting.  Updating now.  thanks!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi the ver is 23.0.12

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh Kumar

Hello Suresh,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I would recommend forcing the speaker to update once again by holding preset 4 and the volume down buttons together for around 10 seconds. Once the update is complete, I'd recommend removing the Spotify service from the SoundTouch app, then sign back into it. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2017

The new firmware fixed the problem!  Played all day today without missing a beat.  Thanks for the help!!