Sue Andy
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Global stations

I live in the uk but have been listening to country radio stations from United States for the last few years.

i tried my SoundTouch speakers earlier and the message read ‘service unavailable’ so from another post that I read I deleted my account and opened a knew one and now I can’t find any stations from the U.S. only a handful

i have listened to them via tunein

29 REPLIES 29
Jeff_G

Re: Global stations

Hello Sue Andy, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

We are aware of an ongoing issue impacting TuneIn content for UK-based customers.  This is being actively investigated this and this should be rectified as soon as possible.  

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any impact on your experience.

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ClickSte
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

It looks like it’s all relating to a court case from a few months ago - https://completemusicupdate.com/article/uk-court-says-tunein-needs-music-licences-for-non-uk-station...

This is the only service available in Soundtouch to those of us in the UK that allowed us to listen to non-UK stations 😞 really hope Bose are working on an update to use another service (like the original Internet Radio service that was available before TuneIn).

1miwo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Really hope that Bose will just switch back to the original radio service we used before as that worked fine and theres no reason it shouldnt work again?

The issue is with TuneIn itself not with the radio stations as you can listen to them directly from their websites or through other streaming services. 

Sue Andy
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Thanks for all your comments

fingers crossed that it gets sorted

Listening to the radio from the US keeps me sane!

i don’t have to listen to all the depressing news like I have to on the Uk stations 

let’s hope it gets sorted soon

thanks

BevBru
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

For many months we have enjoyed listening to jazz on WBAA radio from Indiana on our SoundTouch 20 speaker in England but all of a sudden it has disappeared!  Has it got something to do with Error 4501?

If I go into TuneIn and search for Purdue in Indiana under Locations all I get is 'No Items' what has happened, can I get WBAA back again?

Sue Andy
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

All the stations were working ok 3 days ago

so this is very recent

so I’m glad to hear it’s not me being a bit thick! 🤣

DanP
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

For some reason my Bose home Speaker 300 smart speaker will not stream radio stations from Holland anymore. I get a message via the app on my phone saying “ this station or program is currently unavailable. [ C7-SC4501] “

Any help gratefully welcomed.

taosteve1
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

TuneIn has stopped Belgium and Swiss radio station.

Can you offer other apps like radio.net so i can access the stations i like to play on my soundtouch 200.

rodan65
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

If your Bose Home Speaker 300 uses the TuneIn service, like my SoundTouch does then the problem is because Sony opened a legal case against TuneIn arguing that they didn't have the international rights to play music, or something like that, TuneIn argued that they were simply a search engine for Internet radio, but the judge sided with Sony, therefore TuneIn is now geo-fenced to stations within your locality, no more International listening via TuneIn unless someone can bring the voice of reason and Internet freedom to the case. I regularly listen to a station in the USA, now I have to Bluetooth my iPad to my speaker and listen live via their website. Sort of defeats the point of having a 'Smart Speaker' doesn't it?