Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taosteve1
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Re: Global stations

Makes sense that services geofenced pending outcome. 
I have tried using Deezer which has a radio playing capability and can find my missing radio station but I cannot connect the stations using the Bose app for the presets. Also I can find and play the missing stations on radio.net but connect to my Bose 200 has to also be via Bluetooth. 

DanP
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Many thanks for your suggestion.

DanP
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Thank you for information behind why the are not streaming overseas radio stations anymore. Ha ha you are right it does defeat the idea of a smart speaker!!!!

Thank you again for your help and insight.

Hobgoblin9
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Hi I too used to listen to a station based in the Netherlands, Radio Seagull..like youI  found it suddenly just wasn't there anymore...You seem to have been lucky you got a message, I didn't get anything. 

However my understanding is after contact with Tunein came up with an answer, it appears it has something to do with Royalties, the matter was heard in the UK recently at the High Court and the ruling was that Tunein are no longer permitted to broadcast stations based on the Continent into the UK....

Strangely I can still receive Radio Seagull on line but no longer via the Sound Touch Speakers who are working on Tunein.

I did ask when they Tunein would get around to advising their users, but unsurprisingly, you may think I have yet to get a reply...

Howieavić
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Hi all, this forum has explained the problems and it’s the same as me, like someone else said , it makes the smart speaker pointless, I have 4 SoundTouch 20’s and one 30, as you all know a lot of money invested in Bose, the question is surely they tunein platform isn’t the only internet radio provider and more importantly what is Bose doing about it? I have well over £2000 worth of scrap cluttering my house up now

Grossebaby
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Hi there, first post and first problem, I have had my soundtouch 30 for about 4 weeks now, I was enjoying the world of foreign radio and all of a sudden I can only get UK stations.  I've checked the tunein site and it says everything their end works what could be my problem?

Soundtouch 30, Android phone, sound touch and phone are on latest software.

Thank you

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

This has nothing to do with Bose. Tunein lost a case in the UK and are now punishing their British customers by blocking all non-UK stations. You will have to use RadioPlayer from now on.

keith1200rs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

The problem is that RadioPlayer is rubbish.  Out of the non-UK radio station I used to listen to on TuneIn, there is not a single one of them on RadioPlayer.  Bose need to sort out a decent alternative to TuneIn, otherwise my Bose Soundtouch units are useless, unless I can find direct links to the streams I am interested in.

1miwo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Hi @Jeff_G Is there any update on the TuneIn issue?

Please can Bose just revert to how the radio stations were before you changed to TuneIn? 

That would be a quick and easy fix to resolve the issue surely?

Thanks! 

rodan65
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I have noticed that the SoundTouch app has the provision to play a custom stream URL, however, when I enter the URL for the stream from the station I like to listen to, it also will not work and has the same error I think as the TuneIn station provides leading me to think these custom URLs are also attempting to stream through TuneIn. Is it not possible to alter the app or to add a feature, that will allow a custom stream URL that is directly from the URL rather than proxied through TuneIn? (if it is indeed the case that a custom stream is coming from TuneIn).