Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Global stations

@keith1200rs wrote:

The problem is that RadioPlayer is rubbish.  Out of the non-UK radio station I used to listen to on TuneIn, there is not a single one of them on RadioPlayer.  Bose need to sort out a decent alternative to TuneIn, otherwise my Bose Soundtouch units are useless, unless I can find direct links to the streams I am interested in.

@Sue Andy Bose currently offers 3 ways to stream Internet Radio via SoundTouch in the UK

1. TuneIn Radio (who are currently punishing their British customers)

2. RadioPlayer 

3. Custom URL Radio Streams

If options 1 & 2 don't work for you, use option 3.

It doesn't excuse Bose not adding more online services, but after this long, it is clear that will not happen. That being said, at least you do have a third option that works and that you have full control over.

1miwo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

@NeonsNight you are right however....

- RadioPlayer doesn't have anywhere near the same number of stations as TuneIn

- Custom streams requires messing around in website code to find the actual stream you want

Also, with Custom streams you don't get any supporting information (artist/track name) like you do with the dedicated radio services. 

@bose really need to revert to the previous radio option where you can search and add stations yourself and bin off TuneIn as to my mind it's never added any value. 

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@1miwo wrote:

@NeonsNight you are right however....

- RadioPlayer doesn't have anywhere near the same number of stations as TuneIn

- Custom streams requires messing around in website code to find the actual stream you want

Also, with Custom streams you don't get any supporting information (artist/track name) like you do with the dedicated radio services. 

@bose really need to revert to the previous radio option where you can search and add stations yourself and bin off TuneIn as to my mind it's never added any value. 

My response was not about the quality or ease of use. It listed the options people had to listen to Internet Radio stations on SoundTouch.

1.a. TuneIn is throwing a temper tantrum and obviously does not care about its business in the UK as it's a small market when compared to the US or EU. So UK users now cannot listen to International Radio Stations via TuneIn unless they change their minds. 

1.b. Just because TuneIn doesn't work for you does not mean that Bose should "bin off TuneIn". It works just fine in every other country Bose sells/sold SoundTouch and there are plenty of people in the UK who only use TuneIn to listen to local stations.

2. RadioPlayer is an option that, while it might have fewer stations, might list a station someone is looking for and should be mentioned. Other people reading this might find it useful.

3. Yes, you have to find the station URL. To get the station you wish to listen to. Some places that might be easy to find, others not so much. I am happy that this solution is given to us as it helps people get around geofencing like what TuneIn is doing currently. You could use an internet radio database like the ones I found here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, or here to help.

4. Bose should add more services. That is unquestioned. After 7 years, only a handful of services have been added to this platform. Now that Bose has another family of streaming speakers, while it is possible that might happen, it is unlikely.

Bcl
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Hi - some radio stations (radio beat, cesky rozhlas / Czech radio; HD radio - the blues etc) I used to listen to are no longer available; receiving error 4501

Listening on soundtouch speakers 20 & 10

i am based in the U.K.

could you help/advise?

thanks! 
Jan

1miwo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

None of what you have said changes the fact that we are now getting reduced functionality because of this.

I appreciate that Bose have no control over what TuneIn decide to do, but they do have control of which streaming services that are available on their platform.

The previous radio service worked just fine so theres no good reason why they cant bring that back.  

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@1miwo wrote:

None of what you have said changes the fact that we are now getting reduced functionality because of this.

I appreciate that Bose have no control over what TuneIn decide to do, but they do have control of which streaming services that are available on their platform.

The previous radio service worked just fine so theres no good reason why they cant bring that back.  

I agree with you 100%. I just don't think it's realistic. The UK is a small userbase when compared to the rest of the world, and the rest of the world remains unaffected.

I would love to be proven wrong and encourage Bose to do just that. I just don't believe that will happen. But at the very least there is a functional workaround, so I am thankful for that.

mdobdomdo
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Soundtouch/Tunein: many stations can't be played: Error 3103

Greetings All,

Many of you have a problem accessing one or two stations.   In my case I find that more than half the stations listed on Tunein result in the message We can't play that right now.  Please try again later.  (3103).   I can imagine a few stations change their URLs but it can't be more than 50%.   Meanwhile I should add that my Soundtouch app runs on Windows 10 and for all of these stations the system seems to find the data showing their logo, etc, but when it tries to play them nothing happens except the error.   Any ideas of why I would be having such a general problem?   Thanks very much.   Mike

Sue Andy
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I am pulling my hair out!

I’m not too clever with technology so don’t know if I am doing something wrong or whether it is not possible.

I used to listen to a radio station using tunein, but since they have stopped allowing UK listeners I have been unable to get it on my speaker.

I have tried following instructions using the url and I am just getting the error message 3101

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to stream the station I want.

the station is ‘the bull 97.3’ and the url is https://www.bull973.com/

as far as I’m aware I think I have the url correct but I’m having no luck. My speaker is not much use to me without it. Can anybody help me please.

Apologies if I’ve repeated myself

Warkman
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

It’s very annoying. 
ive used SoundTouch speakers since 2012 and have always been able to listen to USA stations.

now, it cone up with no data for each state, if I use ipvanish then I can see stations, but as SoundTouch connects to my router direct, I can’t stream them,even though I can see them.

anyone found a way round this issue yet?

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Warkman wrote:

It’s very annoying. 
ive used SoundTouch speakers since 2012 and have always been able to listen to USA stations.

now, it cone up with no data for each state, if I use ipvanish then I can see stations, but as SoundTouch connects to my router direct, I can’t stream them,even though I can see them.

anyone found a way round this issue yet?

Yes, SoundTouch already has a built-in solution. See this earlier comment.