Hrannar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Google home / assistant intergration

Hello

Now it is almoast the end of march 2019.
Bose, surely you must have a plan on when you will intergrate support for the bose soundtouch speakers?
Please share this plan with us.
If you have no plans of intergrating with Google, please share that information too.

thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Google home / assistant intergration

Hello Hrannar,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do have plans of integrating this, as of yet this is all the information we have at the moment. 

As soon as we have more information we will make a post on the main community page.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

karthikc4u
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Google Assistant support for Soundtouch 300

Hi,

Is there a plan to have google assistant support for the soundtouch 300 ?

i saw a discussion about the same for Soundbar700, but i was planning on buying a soundtouch as i did not want an inbuilt assistant.

Also if the support is planned for soundtouch 300, would the roll out be along with soundbar700 or would it be at a later point of time?

Community Manager

Re: Google Assistant support for Soundtouch 300

Hi Karthikc4u,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thanks for your interest in Google Assistant integration for the SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar. 

As noted above, we have no news or timeframe to share regarding this functionality. You could, however, connect a Google Hub device to the SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar via Bluetooth, which will stream music playing on Google Home to the SoundTouch speaker in place of the Google Hub. Additional information on this can be found via Google's support page HERE.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Community again.

Kindest,

Andy B

karthikc4u
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Hi Andy,

Thanks. Can this bluetooth connectivity between google home and soundtouch 300 enable google to control the volume of soundtouch?

What would be the added advantages of google assistant support for the soundtouch 300 over using an external google assistant?

Regards,

Karthik 

@Andy_B wrote:

Hi Karthikc4u,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thanks for your interest in Google Assistant integration for the SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar. 

As noted above, we have no news or timeframe to share regarding this functionality. You could, however, connect a Google Hub device to the SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar via Bluetooth, which will stream music playing on Google Home to the SoundTouch speaker in place of the Google Hub. Additional information on this can be found via Google's support page HERE.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Community again.

Kindest,

Andy B

Community Manager

Hello Karthikc4u,

Welcome back to the forums! This connection between a Google Home Assistant or similar to the SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar would be similar to connecting a mobile phone or tablet to the Sound Bar - the mobile device, tablet, or Google device are simply sending audio commands and signals to the Sound Bar, and not directly controlling the device. As such, you would not be able to send a command from the Google device such as "Okay Google, turn the TV volume down" - as this is not a direct function of that connection between the two devices.

Using Voice Assistant skills that are integrated into our Bose systems enabled added functionality and commands - additional information on benefits for using Voice Assistants like using the Amazon Alexa skill can be found on our support page HERE, which outlines some of the features available with Voice Assistants currently like "Alexa, ask Bose to play jazz on all speakers" or "Alexa, ask Bose to turn on (or off) the Bedroom". Direct integration of Voice Assistants allows for direct control of functions and playback to the speaker.

If there is anything else that we can help with please post again and we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B

Highlighted
Hrannar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello

My patience is running low and I am seriously considering to opt out from my Bose soundtouch speakers.
Are there reallt no news on this pressing issue regarding lack of support for google assistant?

Hello Hrannar, 

I can appreciate your frustration, however, I'm afraid we have no information regarding this currently. Believe me, as soon as we have details, this will be posted on the Bose Community first. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/sonos-google-assistant-sonos-one-beam/

Sonos announced that google assiatant is coming to canada on their speakers in July in Canada. An indication of how behind Bose is.