Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Google home / assistant intergration

I agree. The silence is not assuring at all.

The silence is actually terrifying.

Has BOSE really ditched plans for this to be supported?

Are we forced to join the competitors because we + BOSE can not beat them?

What about apple homekit?

Any plans there that you can share?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I also agree - While I think Bose produces excellent products (I have numerous), their failure to keep current with home smart system integration is really making a persuasive argument for sadly making the transition to a competitive company, ie Sonos. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Will there be an upgrade for the soundtouch for lifestyle 135 to support google assistant - most home speakers are integrating this. It's sad that I have now find I'm using a JBL portable speaker link 20 to listen to music at home because it's so much easier to turn on and find what I want to listen to.

It's a shame that bose's user interface is still stuck in the 1970's where car radios only had 6 presets limited by physical buttons. 50 years later bose soundtouch app still is limited to 6 favourites!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Re: Google Assistant support for Soundtouch 300

Hello all,

That's nice to know about the soundtouch 300. Is it possible to connect to the soundtouch wireless link adapter? will it remain connected to my home theater system if i link google nest hub to it?

Cheers,

Adam

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Do you have a connection error? I’m experiencing the same thing. https://imgur.com/a/aYjkj6E 

Google hime shows a error 500.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Hi, I am from Chile. I have bought a Bose Home 300 thinking Google Assistant was supported. For my sorprise, for my country it is not ... really I am very very upset, I would like to know if Bose have a calendar open country's support for Google Assistant. Please a answer because I will return my Bose because I feel scamed.

Highlighted

@criselo, I am sorry that you are disappointed. I assure you we are working to bring voice assistants to more regions. Although I do not have a date for you yet. There are many other great aspects of this speaker such as wireless audio control and awesome sound so I hope you will give the speaker a try 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Is the United Kingdom already covered to connect to the Google Assistant?  If it is can you advise how I connect the Google Assistant and my SoundTouch speakers please?

regards

Glenn

Highlighted

Hey Glenn, 

It sure is, we will need to know which SoundTouch system you have in order to advise how to add the Google Assistant to your speaker. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2014

Hi,

I'm in UK and very interested in this too. I have soundtouch 20, soundtouch portable and soundtouch wireless link adapter. How would I go about linking Google assistant/Google Home to these please?