camcam
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Google home connectivity to Soundtouch

The silence of Bose on this topic is not very assuring. I guess given their lack of response, the solution is to not buy Bose and find another vendor.

atgoinonm8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Had an email from bose today to say they have added alexa control, I know alexa con control way more devices than google home "but" google are working on this and have added more service than amazon at a rate of 10/1 since it was introduced.My point is if bose have added media control for alexa control then google home can not be far away fingers crossed they are already working on it and will come in a not to distant update.

evilizlan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2018

+1 for Google Home.

I am thinking of B&o now, since Bose is quiet, and B&o has Google assistance. Plus the only bose I have in the house is the soundtouch 300, the acoustimass and the 2 satellite speakers.
Yolerap
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 17, 2018

Frederic guy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

Yes but it does not work. The sound breaks all the time. Terrible. I bought the google Home Max. They sound as good as Bose ST 30 and they work. If any body wants to buy my ST 10&30...

tbose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

How did you connect to bluetooth? The steps in your link did not work for me.

When I try to connect through "Paired Bluetooth Devices" and click "enable paring mode" I get a pop for "Pairing mode active. go to bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet to connect to kitchen display". My bose soundtouch SA-5 does not have a display. I've always connected through bluetooth on my phone to activate the pairing with bluetooth audio previously. Thank you

olivierr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

Hi guys, thanks for all given solutions, however every solution seem like workarounds and none of them seems to be simple...

I think there might be a way to develop a few vocal commands to control SoundTouch speakers through speakers control API...I'm gonna try develop something as soon as I have a bit of time... I'll keep you updated with any success I might obtain 😉

That being said, I don't understand why Bose development team still didn't investigate on this while it doesn't seem that complicated in terms of development... and it would probably help a lot of users ! I'm wondering if Bose signed an exclusive contract with Amazon's Alexa and as such just keeps ignoring Google Home users ?

Highlighted
Alantabs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Yes I agree. Bose must have an agreement with Amazon I am guessing. Shame! As I bought an Alexa and it is useless in comparison to the Google Home. Never understands a word I say!
limaynard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

This is annoying me now. I just want to control by Soundtouch devices using google home. I have two Soundtouch 10, a Soundtouch 20 and a Soundtouch 300 soundbar.

The 300 has HDMI-CEC so I can cast Spotify to a Chromecast and control volume etc. but the others are not as easy. Sure I could use Bluetooth (apart from the annoying beep and break up of the sound) but that's not good enough Bose !!!

I even thought of buying an echo dot and 'asking Google to tell Alexa to talk to Soundtouch to do this and that' but it's not very elegant (but it should work right?)

Hello Limaynard,

Thank you for posting.

We'd love to see Google Assistant integrated with SoundTouch as well, but we unfortunately don't have any updates to share right now.  While you certainly could experiment with different combinations of devices, my first thought here is that if you're within earshot of your Google device, your Amazon device will hear you and trigger.

If you have any success with this setup, please come back and share it with us but from our knowledge about the way these assistant devices work, I'm just not seeing a viable workaround.

Regards,

Joel